WoL: Cataclysm

WoL: Cataclysm

Postby Maihem » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:58 pm

You may have noticed that WoL has gone unupdated for quite some time now. As some have guessed, we've been directing our efforts at other projects, spending just enough time on WoL to add new instances and encounters. Questions have been raised about WoL's life, which I hope will be answered in this post.

With the release of Cataclysm, the combat log format and many of WoW's data files have changed. We're currently working on updating WoL to account for these changes, without updating or adding functionality. Hence, until this step is complete, you will not see (many) functionality updates for WoL's interface; we'll simply be making WoL usable again.

We do not yet know if and when we'll be updating and/or adding functionality to the WoL interface. This will depend on the amount of time we have available as well as the need for and urgency of those changes.

Support requests by PM (me or Miles) and e-mail (contact-link in the website footer) are being handled regularly again. If you have an outstanding support request gone unanswered, please contact us anew.

The pre-Cata forums are in the Archive category.
Please use these new forums (General / Help) to post in.
Maihem
Site Admin

Forum upgrade

Postby Maihem » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 pm

We've upgraded the forums to phpBB 3.0.8 to restore registration reCAPTCHA and stop the spam.

If the forums look different, it's because you were using our modded polyethylene style. Due to incompatibilities with the forum upgrades, we had to disable it and revert to a default style.

I do intend to add a less bright and wide style to the forums again -- maybe even restore the polyethylene style -- but no timeline is set for this.
Maihem
Site Admin

New moderator

Postby Maihem » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 am

ArcaneMagus has graciously offered to help us keep these forums neat and tidy, so in case you noticed his name turn green: working as intended!
Maihem
Site Admin

Return to General