Details of how data is gathered?

mwdavis77

Details of how data is gathered?

Post by mwdavis77 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:08 am

Does WOL parse the combat log of only the user running it? My question revolves around the Spiritbinder where you have people going in and out of the spirit realm, are the heals and dps tracked in both?

cremor

Re: Details of how data is gathered?

Post by cremor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 am

WoL parses everything that WoW writes to the combat log. But sadly WoW doesn't write any data about players in other phases, e.g. the spirit realm. So to answer your question: Yes, for the Spiritbinder fight only your own data will be complete. Or maybe even your own data is not complete, I don't know how WoW handles things like DoTs that are still ticking on the boss when you switch phases.

mwdavis77

Post by mwdavis77 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 am

If multiple people are running logs does that help improve accuracy, does WOL combine them in some way?

cremor

Post by cremor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 am

No, there is no way to combine multiple logs.
Other sites tried that before but never got it completely working.

ArcaneMagus

Post by ArcaneMagus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

To put it in slightly more detail: Since everybody's computer clock is not exactly in sync, and there is no GUID that is server wide (only specific client wide) for an event, the best you can do is guess as to which events go where in a merged combat log. The WoL creators have decided that the risks of messing it up are not worth the slight gain.

thumpper

Post by thumpper » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Ok trying to find updated information on this. I have read that the information used is based on wow combat log, but the combat log ends up being skewed due to distance. Is this still the case? I have been trying to use it to raise my dps, but the numbers between here and skada, which supposedly uses the combat log are so very different. I haven't tried keeping my own log on here, a friend and guildmate does them for us. .maybe I need to do that to get a more accurate reading on my dps?

Help please. :)

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:02 pm

It's supposed to be the same or almost the same, but sometimes, the in game API has more information that what's written to the log. Which class do you play? It might be a bug of ours.

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Glad to see your updated info.
I am new member around here.
Thanks for the great welcome.