World of Logs Mobile App (Android)

World of Logs Mobile App (Android)

Postby dasfool » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

World of Logs is an app that allows you to easily view World of Warcraft raid parses that have been uploaded to the World of Logs website.

Current Functionality:
-Choose from many guilds
-View damage reports
-View healing reports
-Toggle pets and other sources
-Copy URLs
-Toggle raw and effective DPS/HPS

***Please note, I have no affiliation with the World of Logs website. They were kind enough to give me their blessing to release this app, but they had nothing to do with its creation, nor its upkeep!***

The majority of the work on this project was done over the summer of 2012 as an educational experience. I have decided to release the product for everyone. I hope you enjoy it!

Things I would like to add in the future (but cannot guarantee):
-Better error descriptions. (BTW, most errors are a result of poor internet connection.)
-Allow inactive and empty guilds to be displayed
-Allow more parses to be displayed
-Some custom graphics to make the app look nicer (not really my strong point...)

The app is on the Android Play Store.

Edit: Thanks for the sticky!
Last edited by dasfool on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
dasfool

Re: World of Logs Mobile App (Android)

Postby Maihem » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

Stickied as promised =)
Maihem
Site Admin

Re: World of Logs Mobile App (Android)

Postby zell800 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

I was doing something similar for my guild. I was trying to find a way other than scanning HTML to parse individual player dps/healing as your Android app does. In fact it's almost identical, except yours is for many guilds while I'm only concerned with mine. Would you be willing to discuss how you were able to do this and maybe point me in the right direction? I was looking for some sort of RESTful service or feed that would spit JSON back at me, but haven't found anything that individualized yet, just guild raid data with date, all the people that attended, total dmg done, etc. It just doesn't get into who did how much dmg, healing, etc. Hope to hear from you soon!
zell800

Return to General