Site-Supported Ranking Portfolio?

Values

Site-Supported Ranking Portfolio?

Post by Values » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 am

Is there any in-site support for a ranking portfolio?

Namely, is there any support where, for example, I can say "Hey, this character on this realm. That's mine. Bind that character to this WoL account." Once the character (or characters) is(/are) bound to that WoL account, then your WoL account has a "portfolio" section where it has a list of all of the times that all of your characters ranked, ideally with links to those parses.

Over time, you will accumulate multiple ranks to in this 'portfolio' in one neat place, with links to the parses, that you could send to other people (prospective guilds, guildmates, friends, whatever) with presumably no expiration date (even if the logs expired; the portfolio would simply be a site-backed way of saying "Yeah, he ranked on this fight on that day with this DPS.")

My question here is -- does this feature exist, even for premium members? If not, would there be any interest in having such a feature developed for possible future use?

nipil

Re: Site-Supported Ranking Portfolio?

Post by nipil » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Values

Post by Values » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

After looking through both of your suggestions, neither are what I was looking for.

Let me be more specific -- I want something that saves ranks upon their capture. For example...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k7y1 ... 62#Valyous

At the time of that report a few nights ago, I was the #1 ranked Brewmaster (#4 ranked overall) for that fight. Now I am #2. My wow-heroes updated to include that I now hold the #2 rank.

Given a few weeks to a few months of gearing, I will go from #2 to #3, #3 to #5, #5 to #50, and #50 to sub-200, officially off the list.

My complaint/request/question is not that I want some kind of 'immortality' for getting #1, but, rather, I'd like some official means to say that I got number 1. Whether it's to show friends who come back to WoW in a few months, a good way to get more publicity for recruiting for my current guild, or if I ever wanted to show potential recruiters of another guild.. I'd simply like a way to show them "See? When this was uploaded, it ranked me as #1 at that time!" If I took a 6-month-break from WoW and my guild fell apart and I wanted to join a new one, I'd like some way to say "Hey, look, I'm a serious player who will bring the meat to the table if you'll give me a chance!"

The e-peenbot over at raidbots.com is similar, but (at least from my perusal of it...) it only seems to list percentiles. I'd like something a little more concrete. Even from a recruiting standpoint: if I'm potentially going to invite this guy to my guild, knowing he got #2 or #20 or #60 (all of which are probably ~95th+ percentile) might be an important number. On the other hand, wow-heroes does not do this AT ALL; given a few months I will have no proof that I ever ranked highly, unless I maintain my ranks (which I intend to do, but still...). Sure, I could post in a little notepad saying "03/16/03: #1 rank for Lei Shen" and tell people, but it wouldn't be "official." Any random slob could post that into a little notepad and claim it's true!

So what I am asking is... if it doesn't exist, would there be any interest in... a way for the website to save a little portfolio for its members? Hell, even premium-members-only. I'd likely get a premium account just for such a feature. Just a little tab that says "Portfolio" where it lists my characters as well as what-ranks-they-got-on-what-days. Such an 'official' portfolio would be useful to show people as a selling point.

Am I to assume that this doesn't exist in any capacity? If not, is there any chance such a feature could be developed, even for premium-only?

Buraan

Post by Buraan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 pm

If you get a rank 1, raidbots lists it at 100%

e.g.
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/ravencr ... ts-10N-203
or
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/ravencr ... on-10H-203

Still I think a small portfolio would be nice, but the problem comes from (I think) how loosely characters are defined on world of logs, your account isn't linked at all to your character, and your guild isn't necessarily on the server you say it is on. So to implement this would require quite some effort.

Values

Post by Values » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm

One small problem with that is epeenbot seems bugged for my character at the moment!

http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/ner'zhul/valyous/

It is not showing that I got the #1 rank. In fact, it isn't even showing my parse AT ALL! Epeenbot says it updates every day at 10 AM EST, and I have already sent them an email concerning if this might be a bug... Since I am now #2 Brewmaster, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up putting me as 99th percentile anyway.

I understand what you mean about character linking, but would it really be that hard? I mean, other sites have methods to link accounts to individual characters. Their 'confirmation' involves, like, "log into the game and take off your pants and then log out to prove this character is yours!" Once the character(s) is(/are) bound to that account, the only concern (I think) is making sure that 'faulty' logs (ie, ones that are only the last 30 seconds of the fight, that end up taking 2-3 weeks to fully analyze and remove) are removed from portfolios when they are removed from the ranks. Even that, though, I don't think would be too hard.

EDIT: Actually, even stranger, my epeenbot seems to have finally updated (2-3 days late!) with my parse. It doesn't list me at all for having killed twin consorts. Must you rank for it to even list you? Because I don't think I ranked on that fight. And despite having gotten #1 Brewmaster on Lei Shen at the time, it lists me as the 93rd percentile. Am I missing something there?

Buraan

Post by Buraan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Your twin consorts is invalid on world of logs:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/k7y1jcfr ... /rankinfo/
so that would explain that. You don't need to rank for it to list you, but you do need to have a valid report.

Values

Post by Values » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I see. Possibly because the guy who was logging entered the phased area to draw a celestial? So he didn't record the full fight's damage, leading to it being incorrectly flagged as invalid?

Anyway, have gotten a bit off-topic with these other mysteries.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 pm

To answer your original question: there is no ranking portfolio feature, neither do we have plans to implement such a feature at this time.

kodudatizy

Post by kodudatizy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:08 pm

This site support ranking portfolio describes various important points about people also want to know for their benefits. People want to earn money and apply online to get paid to write fake reviews jobs that are offered by different companies.