World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Killshot wrote:Our Iron Juggernaut logs are getting split into weird parts:

We don't attack the boss during Siege Mode at all (siege mode lasts 1 min). That may be the reason why this happens. There's a lot of healing during that phase though. Shouldn't healing and damage from the boss reset timeout?
That is indeed the reason why that happens. Healing does not reset the fight timeout counter. We chose to do this because you will often heal up after a fight, which should not count toward the fight time.
Killshot wrote:I don't see a single reason why Seismic Activity can't extend combat. Boss has GUID and you can easily verify it's same boss damaging you.
Kihra wrote:Yeah, that would work. Requires special case Iron Juggernaut code, but should work. If nobody is taking damage, then you'd have to track him gaining the buff and stay in combat until the buff fades. If he despawns on a wipe, though, it might not fade.
Does Seismic Activity always cause players to take damage? Buff gain/fade events are notoriously unreliable, so I'm hesitant to track & use those for time segment extension, but damage events from a given source NPC and spell ID combination are definitely a way to do this.
Liquidsteel wrote:Immerseus heroic wipes being logged as kills. I know you're aware of this, just posting my logs to see if it helps. We had 10ish wipes before the kill, but half of our attempts are marked as kills, inflating ranks.
I'm going to do three things to try and resolve this. First off I think our servers currently still have a special case for Immerseus that makes them consider damage events with overkill to be death events, causing all these fake kills. This has worked very well for other encounters in the past, but damage events with overkill seem to be generated every time Immerseus submerges. I'm going to disable this special case and rely solely on actual death events for now.

Secondly, I will add a different special case that will consider events where his reaction turns friendly to be death events. This may resolve issues where an actual death event is absent.

Finally, I will enable validation based on the number of killed & purified puddles, with a threshold to be determined, probably 90 corruption. That should filter out most other outliers.
Liquidsteel wrote:Also, are there any plans to separate flex and normal ranks?
Yes and no. I agree that flex raids should not be ranked as normal. However, I do not see the relevance of rankings different types of flex raids against eachother. In my opinion, flex raids are too diverse to make for very interesting statistics when comparing them to one another. Work is in progress to extract boss HP values from the combat log fields added in the 5.2 patch and use those to detect the boss difficulty. This may allow us to separate flex from normal and not rank them at all. Suggestions are of course welcome.

Killshot

Post by Killshot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Maihem wrote: Does Seismic Activity always cause players to take damage? Buff gain/fade events are notoriously unreliable, so I'm hesitant to track & use those for time segment extension, but damage events from a given source NPC and spell ID combination are definitely a way to do this.
Yes. That's AOE damage that lasts whole Siege Mode phase. Unless you use some immunity you will take damage.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:08 pm

• Immerseus kill detection was updated to no longer consider damage events with overkill to be boss deaths.
  • Instead, Immerseus turning friendly can now signal encounter success.
  • Validation was implemented for Immerseus based on Corruption removed; the threshold is set at 90 corruption.
  • Iron Juggernaut fights should no longer time out during the siege phases.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Trying to find heroic indicators for Blackfuse. Initially thought that Overcharge & friends might only happen on heroic, but that does not seem to be the case. Any suggestions for boss abilities and/or environmental effects that might be heroic-only?

Sacer

Post by Sacer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 pm

He casts Overcharge in normal? According to dungeon journal it's a heroic only effect. Very odd.

Killshot

Post by Killshot » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Maihem wrote:Trying to find heroic indicators for Blackfuse. Initially thought that Overcharge & friends might only happen on heroic, but that does not seem to be the case. Any suggestions for boss abilities and/or environmental effects that might be heroic-only?
Overcharge is heroic only, but it seems to be not present in combat log.
I haven't done Blackfuse HC, but it looks like there's "Overcharged" weapons you can kill or something http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72832. May be damage to/by those can be used for detection.
Maihem wrote:
  • Immerseus kill detection was updated to no longer consider damage events with overkill to be boss deaths.
  • Instead, Immerseus turning friendly can now signal encounter success.
  • Validation was implemented for Immerseus based on Corruption removed; the threshold is set at 90 corruption.
Doesn't work. Kills now considered wipes http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/epk5 ... =414&e=878. This kill has 92 corruption removed but something still missing...

Sacer

Post by Sacer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:45 pm

So. Success for the Immerseus encounter cannot be defined by his death, since he doesn't usually die. It also cannot be defined by the presence of overkill, since that seems to happen each time he submerges. Turning friendly apparently doesn't happen either (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... D%0A%29%29).

Guess I may have to resort to just assuming that each fight with 90+ corruption is succesful then =\

aeristial

Post by aeristial » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:39 am

Maihem wrote:Trying to find heroic indicators for Blackfuse. Initially thought that Overcharge & friends might only happen on heroic, but that does not seem to be the case. Any suggestions for boss abilities and/or environmental effects that might be heroic-only?
Overcharge is Heroic only. Also has a lot more HP(belt & boss) on HC.

Jurman

Post by Jurman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:11 am

Here is our Blackfuse 25man Hc kill. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4 ... 00&e=16089

It contain adds Overcharged Shockwave Missile and Overcharged Crawler Mine which can be killed. Maybe fi you can track hp of each mob so deactivated weapons has 30 m HP insted 16M +- on normal.
Now most guild use 2 tactics. One is with killing shockwave missile turrets primary and then they have overcharged mines. And next are killing mines i think and then you have overcharged Shockwave missiles.

Paragons of Klaxxi - Swarmkeeper cast heroic specific ability Rapid fire . He is at fight from begining. Dmg from this rapid fire is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143240 . Problem is if all players evade it :)