World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Everything is considered normal right now. Detection hasn't yet been implemented.

Thanks for the links though, I can work with those to start on detection.

Mmore

Post by Mmore » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Since no special detection has been implemented for SoO yet, each and every fight will be detected as normal difficulty *unless* it contains cross-realm player names, in which case WOL automatically marks them as LFR. From what I can tell, this is no longer accurate since cross-realm raids are possible in every difficulty.

Cataclysm introduced a change in WoW that allows Blizzard to use the same spell IDs for boss abilities across difficulties, changing its effect based on the difficulty in which it is used. This means that we no longer have a reliable indicator to use for detecting difficulty. I will add a few markers to detect heroic difficulty where possible, but I'm afraid that difficulty detection will not be possible in many cases.

Essentially, I think WOL will not be able to tell the difference between normal, LFR and Flex difficulty. In some cases even heroic difficulty may not have sufficiently clear markers to be identified. Even boss HP is no longer an indicator we can use as it can vary depending on the number of players in the flex raid. I'm not sure we will be able to do much detection or validation at all.

ruga

Post by ruga » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey Maihem,

Why don't you let us Flag individual logs based on their difficulty?
Granted, it'd introduce a way to pass a normal kill as a heroic logswise and cheese/cheat on rankings, but wouldn't it at least solve the issues with heroic/non-heroic detection?

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Perhaps. We'd still need to validate boss HP, but I suppose we should at least think on a solution like this.

Mmore

Post by Mmore » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Kind of unfortunate then. Hopefully Blizzard will give the combatlog a serious overhaul with the next expansion, I'm pretty sure that is something they hinted to a year or two ago.

Until then maybe manual marking by uploaders combined with something like a health/damage done check would be a temporary solution. It would be nice to have all difficulties represented (LFR/FLEX/NORMAL/HEROIC) in the rankings.

Killshot

Post by Killshot » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm

trans

Post by trans » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Our Garrosh kill was listed in logs as wipe (6) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ufcptqy2kygu80iu/

Killshot

Post by Killshot » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 am

Maihem wrote:I'm not sure we will be able to do much detection or validation at all.
How about asking Blizzard to add new combat log event at encounter start with extra information like encounter id, difficulty etc? It should not be hard for them to implement...

ruga

Post by ruga » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 am

Some Bosses still have unique heroic abilities like the Kor'Kron Dark Shaman - they use Iron Prison on players (after 60 seconds, deals 100% of HP) and Iron Tomb (drops a tombstone on a players location, knocking them back/killing them if caught).

Also, our 25m Spoils kill was counted as a wipe last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/as01 ... 209&e=5620