World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Sharkbait
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Sharkbait » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:20 am

I ask from depths of boundless ignorance-- I wonder how feasible it would be for Blizzard to add dedicated events to the log for encounter boundary and mode detection? Blizzard employees posting on the WoW Community forums fairly regularly refer to looking at WoL parses themselves for various purposes. Even if that's not a big part of what they look at when doing class balance tuning, I'd think they'd have incentive to contribute to making it easier on WoL to provide the raid community with the service it does...

steel
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 am

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by steel » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Sharkbait wrote:I ask from depths of boundless ignorance-- I wonder how feasible it would be for Blizzard to add dedicated events to the log for encounter boundary and mode detection? Blizzard employees posting on the WoW Community forums fairly regularly refer to looking at WoL parses themselves for various purposes. Even if that's not a big part of what they look at when doing class balance tuning, I'd think they'd have incentive to contribute to making it easier on WoL to provide the raid community with the service it does...
Blizzard doesn't like worldoflogs - in fact, they are quite staunchly against DPS/HPS rankings. From their point of view, all this data ends up on Raidbots and then people come and QQ to them about how their class is under-performing.
If worldoflogs didn't exist, who is to definitely say whether or not one class is out-DPS'ing another? Gives them a wide berth to say whatever they want with players having no option but to simply accept.

They would rather that all of this remain completely opaque and that the only source of data that people have is what they give us.

steel
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 am

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by steel » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

solace7 wrote:Get your shit together or I will have no reason to continue paying for a premium account. 3 weeks into the tier and you haven't done jack shit about the difficulties? Didn't seem to take nearly this long for any of the other tiers, I don't see why it is now, irregardless of the flex raid option.
You are apparently too stupid to understand the complexities of how this system works. You probably should unsubscribe and also, not have any children, ever.
We have enough stupidity in the gene pool already.

cremor
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by cremor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 am

Any news on the Spoils kill detection if the logger doesn't see all the energy gains? I've now done this boss three times and logged myself, but the recorded energy gains were only 187, 191 and 190.

Also, one of my Flex raids merged Norushen and Sha of Pride as one boss. Not really important since it's only Flex but maybe you want to take a look at it:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fqh9v6lb69gq3u69/

Maihem
Site Admin
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 am

cremor wrote:Any news on the Spoils kill detection [...]?
Yes, in fact. I have updated the dev version to check for 100 energy of either type, not 200 in total. That, combined with a wipe-detection based on Armageddon occurring seems to be the best I can do. I have tried to look at 50 energy + 50 energy with half-time detection, but didn't think it was reliable enough. I will update the servers with the changes today.
cremor wrote:Also, one of my Flex raids merged Norushen and Sha of Pride as one boss.
That's an issue that has been there since the start -- I have written custom code to remove the Norushen encounter from the fight if the Amalgam of Corruption doesn't die. Maybe it works differently for Flex though. I'll have a look.

Maihem
Site Admin
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Success detection was updated for Spoils of Pandaria, and heroic detection added for all bosses up to and including Thok, but excluding Norushen -- haven't yet found a way to detect heroic difficulty for that fight.

Maihem
Site Admin
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to complete the Spoils of Pandaria encounter without opening a Massive crate in the logger's room? That is, using only Lightweight and Stout crates? Not sure how many of each are available in the respective rooms.

Maihem
Site Admin
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Maihem » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 pm

@cremor: As you're probably aware, WOL uses idle time to separate fights. Your report contains enough time between Norushen and Sha of Pride, but you seem to deal damage to an Anhaltende Verderbnis (Lingering Corruption) which means the fight timeout is not triggered. Not much I can do, I think.

Killshot
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by Killshot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:25 pm

There's seems to be false HC detection for Galakras in many cases. What exactly you are using for detection? I hope not some damage event.

Simple check like this should be enough for Galakras HC detection: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7wpk ... d%3D148243

For example this flex run http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vmyq86u5n36vwrfy/ sometimes has Galakras HC (also related to next bug).

Also it seems that reports keep changing N->HC->N->HC etc when refreshing report page.
Last edited by Killshot on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cremor
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by cremor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Maihem wrote:Success detection was updated for Spoils of Pandaria
Something is weird with Spoils. Refreshing the ranking info page sometimes shows Spoils as valid kill and sometimes doesn't. Examples:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zmu8 ... /rankinfo/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/diyr ... /rankinfo/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/80g9 ... /rankinfo/
Maihem wrote:Does anyone know if it is at all possible to complete the Spoils of Pandaria encounter without opening a Massive crate in the logger's room? That is, using only Lightweight and Stout crates? Not sure how many of each are available in the respective rooms.
Yes it is possible to complete a room with only one massive crate if all other crates are opened. Each room has exactly 18 small crates worth 1 point, 6 medium crates worth 3 points and 2 large crates worth 14 points (and 2 panda crates worth 0 points). 18*1+6*3+1*14=50
Maihem wrote:@cremor: As you're probably aware, WOL uses idle time to separate fights. Your report contains enough time between Norushen and Sha of Pride, but you seem to deal damage to an Anhaltende Verderbnis (Lingering Corruption) which means the fight timeout is not triggered. Not much I can do, I think.
Lingering Corruption is the trash between Norushen and Sha of Pride. Can trash mobs prevent the idle time from triggering? I thought that's only possible by bosses and adds in boss fights.

Post Reply