ruga

Re: World of Logs and Siege of Orgrimmar

Post by ruga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 am

Our first Malkorok 25m HC kill got counted as a normal one:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w6y6 ... 78&e=12040

aeristial

Post by aeristial » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:59 am

Maihem wrote:Success detection was updated for Spoils of Pandaria, and heroic detection added for all bosses up to and including Thok, but excluding Norushen -- haven't yet found a way to detect heroic difficulty for that fight.
@Norushen since they changed the fight on HC to act like normal with more damage, the HP value was increased massively. So a simple HP detection should be enough?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lx1mtlxo3mnj79m0 - normal week 1, where he had 1 billion.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m ... /rankinfo/ - heroic this week, as you can see a lot more HP.

Also it seems logs are at the moment constantly switching between normal and HC? Like I press f5 and I see normal rankings, 2 minutes later f5 and it shows hc.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Regarding misdetection and N/H changes:

It turns out that during the update deployed yesterday, one of our servers was not properly updated. This caused varying success and difficulty detection results when visiting the same report multiple times, depending on which server the request was routed to. All servers have now been updated and affected reports are being recrawled. Please verify that any issues reported since yesterday still persist now. If they do not, then the failed update was probably to blame. Let me know if they do exist and I'll have a look.
Killshot wrote:There's seems to be false HC detection for Galakras in many cases. What exactly you are using for detection? I hope not some damage event.
The presence of a Demolitions Crew (NPC IDs 73493-73496) currently causes the encounter to be considered heroic difficulty. I thought they weren't supposed to be present outside heroic. Would Fixate be a better indicator to use?
cremor wrote:Something is weird with Spoils. Refreshing the ranking info page sometimes shows Spoils as valid kill and sometimes doesn't.
Due to the deployment fault described above. Should be fixed.
cremor wrote:Yes it is possible to complete a room with only one massive crate if all other crates are opened. Each room has exactly 18 small crates worth 1 point, 6 medium crates worth 3 points and 2 large crates worth 14 points (and 2 panda crates worth 0 points). 18*1+6*3+1*14=50
As far as I'm aware the medium (stout) crates are worth 4 points each, aren't they? At any rate, at least 1 massive crate must be opened for the encounter to be successful. That gives me enough information to extend the fight timeout for this encounter.
cremor wrote:Lingering Corruption is the trash between Norushen and Sha of Pride. Can trash mobs prevent the idle time from triggering? I thought that's only possible by bosses and adds in boss fights.
Damage done to any NPC outside the raid can extend the fight duration, not just boss adds.
ruga wrote:Our first Malkorok 25m HC kill got counted as a normal one:
Caused by deployment fault. Fixed.
aeristial wrote:@Norushen since they changed the fight on HC to act like normal with more damage, the HP value was increased massively. So a simple HP detection should be enough?
Perhaps. I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.
aeristial wrote:Also it seems logs are at the moment constantly switching between normal and HC? Like I press f5 and I see normal rankings, 2 minutes later f5 and it shows hc.
Deployment fault, see above.

cremor

Post by cremor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Maihem wrote:As far as I'm aware the medium (stout) crates are worth 4 points each, aren't they? At any rate, at least 1 massive crate must be opened for the encounter to be successful. That gives me enough information to extend the fight timeout for this encounter.
Good question. Some guides say they are worth 3 energy, some say 4. I'll try to verify it next time.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks. I'm currently assuming 4 energy on stout crates, which means we might overestimate the total energy gain. It's not a big issue since we're at least not invalidating fights that do have enough energy. At the most we're too lenient on partial fights. Would be nice to be sure we're using the right number though :)

Liquidsteel

Post by Liquidsteel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Medium crates are worth 3 energy for sure.

I remember because on our first kill our rdruid was adamant they were 4 energy, and when it only granted 3 with 10 seconds left I nearly had a heart attack.

Killshot

Post by Killshot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Maihem wrote: The presence of a Demolitions Crew (NPC IDs 73493-73496) currently causes the encounter to be considered heroic difficulty. I thought they weren't supposed to be present outside heroic. Would Fixate be a better indicator to use?
Pretty sure those NPC's are exist in all difficulties, but adds use Fixate on them is Heroic only. They may be hit by some random AOE/Cleave on not Heroic I guess.

Immerseus needs better kill validation. There's tons of kills with duration less than 2 min. It's impossible to defeat him that fast. You need to survive at least few (I don't know how many) split/reforms cycles.

There's some thoughts:
boss has 100 energy
each Sha Puddle kill reduces boss energy by 1
each Contaminated Puddle healed till it gets Purified reduces boss energy by 1.5
boss considered dead if he has 0 of less energy

Code: Select all

(targetMobID=71604 and spellId=143523) or
(targetMobID=71603 and fulltype=UNIT_DIED)
I haven't done a lot of testing, but this seems to be true for all my kills.

Lavathing

Post by Lavathing » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Maihem wrote:- Tried to verify that Calamity #143544 (cast by Sun Thunderheart) is present on heroic only; haven't been able to definitively confirm.
Calamity occurs both in normal and heroic, but in heroic she gains a debuff which increases the damage of the next calamity. I'll find the specific debuff for you, should provide decent heroic detection.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Lavathing wrote:Calamity occurs both in normal and heroic, but in heroic she gains a debuff which increases the damage of the next calamity. I'll find the specific debuff for you, should provide decent heroic detection.
Thanks. The only indicator we're currently using is what seems to be a heroic-only version of Corrupted Brew #145605
Killshot wrote:Pretty sure those NPC's are exist in all difficulties, but adds use Fixate on them is Heroic only. They may be hit by some random AOE/Cleave on not Heroic I guess.
Updated detection to use Fixate instead. Will push to live today.
Killshot wrote:Immerseus needs better kill validation. There's tons of kills with duration less than 2 min. It's impossible to defeat him that fast. You need to survive at least few (I don't know how many) split/reforms cycles.
I agree. It seems like the end of the Immerseus encounter doesn't always generate a UNIT_DIED event, which makes kill detection based on that unreliable. We now check for DAMAGE events with overkill, which usually indicate a death as well. However, it seems that this often also happens between phases, so I'm disabling that. Using puddle counts is a reasonable alternative, but I didn't get it to work reliably when I worked on it earlier. I didn't know that the healing puddles generate 1.5 energy instead of 1 though, so that may be why so many kills were not recognized as such using that method. I'll try again with that new knowledge :)

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 pm

As far as I can tell, Purifying a Contaminated Puddle only removes a single point of Corruption from Immerseus. Can anyone confirm whether it's 1 or 1.5 points of corruption being removed?