Overall DPS for Kills vs Wipes - How many players?

unborracho

Overall DPS for Kills vs Wipes - How many players?

Post by unborracho » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:45 pm

I have a question on how pages like this

http://worldoflogs.com/zone/eu-us/highmaul/the-butcher

take the # of players into account? Since all raids are flex now, what can I infer about the average DPS per player for the kills vs wipes? I'm trying to basically figure out, for each fight, what should be a minimum DPS required for a kill be (not just enrage, but in general)?

Are there any other sites that can help me get more information about this? Trying to optimize my raid group and set some baseline performance metrics for our DPS and healers as we enter Heroic/Mythic content.

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Overall DPS for Kills vs Wipes - How many players?

Post by Maihem » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:52 pm

We have noticed the same thing. Since these pages show raid DPS, there is not much value in them for flex raids. We intend to update the display on these pages to show DPS/HPS per player instead, so raids of any size are comparable. Since I personally haven't played much recently, I can't think of any other site that shows this better at this time. Perhaps someone else can help you with that.

Kihra

Re: Overall DPS for Kills vs Wipes - How many players?

Post by Kihra » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Note DPS per player doesn't really change with raid size, i.e., a larger raid doesn't mean the player will do more DPS. The game has largely removed stackable raidwide damage-boosting CDs, and the boss health scales with the raid size. In other words, being able to filter on raid size in the rankings is fine, but there is no need to apply any kind of normalization to DPS, as it will be about the same across all raid sizes.