Any beginners avoiding Versus mode right now due to feeling outclassed?

JaxonLincoln

Any beginners avoiding Versus mode right now due to feeling outclassed?

Post by JaxonLincoln » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:17 pm

I never actually played 1v1 because I purchased Warcraft 3 late into the games life and only experienced the campaign because of my love of WoW and did a few custom games, with more players joining this game again I've decided to give learning the actual 1v1 mode a try but I've only been playing offline with bots or solo to get a starting build order right.

Right now I'm having trouble consistently beating the AI on Easy/Normal difficulties, the opener for standard Blademaster build is getting a lot easier for me I just get lost about what to do properly at 50/50 food with BM, SH, 3 Raiders, 1 Kodo, 3 Grunts and 2 Spirit Walkers. I think it takes me longer than most to understand RTS and I'm a little confused on how to harass and scout with Blademaster although I think that's because the AIs sit in base until their timing attack.

So my question is sort of a survey, please reply if you too are completely new to this game and give me a brief description of your journey learning this game or if you've played Versus mode. I'd like to get an idea of the mind set other new players have right now for this game.