[SOLVED] WoL Client Java Error - Client will not launch

pbv009

[SOLVED] WoL Client Java Error - Client will not launch

Post by pbv009 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:23 am

Hi guys, I've been having this problem for quite some time. While attempting to launch the client, I receive a Java error (see Screenshot below). I have attempted to launch from IE 8, Chrome, and Firefox - all receiving the same dialog error. I have also removed and re-installed Java 3 times now. Any suggestions as to how I can get the client to launch properly would be awesome :D

ArcaneMagus

Re: WoL Client Java Error - Client will not launch

Post by ArcaneMagus » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 am

Download the .jnlp file to somewhere you can access it, right click -> Open with... -> Make sure that it says "Java(tm) Web Start Launcher"
Like this:

If it shows regular Java, follow the instructions in this post to re-associate it with the web launch program.

pbv009

Post by pbv009 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:21 pm

:D ZOMG. Thank you, ArcaneMagus! I have tried several of the java.exe files with that method before - and I swear I've tried the javaws before; but, it worked! Now I feel slightly special for not attempting to save the jnlp file :? Thanks again!

ArcaneMagus

Post by ArcaneMagus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 am

Glad I could help ;)

sofowtg

Re: [SOLVED] WoL Client Java Error - Client will not launch

Post by sofowtg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:17 am

First you can install the Java software then lunch the client and I am sure your problem is resolved. When I am making the writemyessayonline website then also face this same issue but I can try this way and my website is lunch.