[SOLVED] Water Elemental Bug

tiga

[SOLVED] Water Elemental Bug

Post by tiga » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 pm

My water elemental was correctly attributed to me last night, but in today's Baradin Hold log, World of Logs isn't showing it as my pet. You should be able to use "Permafrost" to connect the pets and owners, so I'm not sure what broke today:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/18h0 ... ell/91394/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/18h0 ... =705&e=942

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Water Elemental Bug

Post by Maihem » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:53 pm

I can't seem to find the "last night" log you mentioned, but based on the issue I'm guessing it contained a SUMMON event, while the log you linked does not.

Nothing broke about Permafrost, we just haven't added it to the master/pet inference code.

I'll take a look at updating master/pet inference for Cata as I just posted in viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1894, so please post any more suggestions there =)

tiga

Post by tiga » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Oh, it being Tol Barad, I didn't need to summon one after we wiped, so I guess the log didn't have a summon event. I didn't realise Blizzard had fixed the summon events - I just assumed that you had updated the parser here to use Permafrost to identify pets, because I haven't had problems with the logs here after patch 4.0.1. It's probably the best way to identify mage water elementals, because you can only heal your own pet and pretty much every frost mage takes the talent, so there's always healing going to the pet. You don't need to rely on the summon events at all.

Thanks for the response & keep up the good work.

Crid

Post by Crid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am

same problem here...i just upload the log again and dont knwo why ..works!

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 am

You uploaded the same log twice and the results are different? Would you mind linking those two reports?

tiga

Post by tiga » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am

Potential reason why that could happen: if you select only part of the timeline and accidentally remove the summon event, the connection between the mage & pet might be broken in one log, but not another (depending on which part of the log you select). Once support for Permafrost-based detection is in, the summon events shouldn't matter.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Permafrost has been added to the master-pet relation inference. This change has been pushed to the live site; rankings will be recrawled on short term.

Stellaladen

Re: [SOLVED] Water Elemental Bug

Post by Stellaladen » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:44 pm

Query is about the discussion and the language query is about the language check and the editing of the expression and the feeling expression. The table of content and then the article assignment geek is given about the language check and the feeling of expression.

Samuel82

Post by Samuel82 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 am

I faced the same issue, still facing that, no solution yet. mobdro

Kaitlyn John

Post by Kaitlyn John » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 pm

I am also facing the same issue. I got really frustrated with my water elemental. www.marquisediamondengagementring.com This forum discussion has helped me to solve the issue. I tried the techniques suggested by the users. It really worked for me. Thanks a lot for sharing this valuable post.