my log reported wrong..

my log reported wrong..

Postby Duckula » Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 am

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... n/duckula/
my lvl 85 prot paly ranked 56th in world on jiun'rohk as a b hunter. lol that paly Is on argent dawn server my hunter is Duckula on the stormrage server. can you please fix this?
Duckula

Re: my log reported wrong..

Postby cremor » Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am

As you can see here someone uploaded a report that shows a hunter with that name.
I have no idea how it is possible that a hunter was logged with your name, but the only way to remove that ranking is to either delete that report or set it to private.
cremor

Postby Duckula » Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 am

I server xfered from argent dawn. I am the hunter and the paly is also on my account. I server xfered a week ago tuesday
Duckula

Postby Stingray » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

This has absolutely nothing to do with World of Logs. You could suggest to whoever runs this "wow-heroes" site that they not auto-link WoL logs that don't match your class.
Stingray

Postby Bompy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Stingray wrote:This has absolutely nothing to do with World of Logs. You could suggest to whoever runs this "wow-heroes" site that they not auto-link WoL logs that don't match your class.

Heya, Alex here from WoW-Heroes.com. As far as I know, World of Logs works like this:
- you create an account and enter your realm and guild name ... then you fetch client application and upload your logs.
All logs which you upload from that account are automatically assigned to that first realm (unless you're uploading LFR logs). If you transfer your toon to some other realm, and upload logs from your "old" account linked to previous realm, World Of Logs has no means to know that you've went to another realm - there's no realm information in logs unless they're LFR logs.
So, as far as I know, the only solution to this problem is:
- use old account to upload logs from old realm (if you're still playing there with alts)
- create a new worldoflogs account to upload logs from your new realm

If possible, it would be great if we could get an official response from World Of Logs guys, I might be wrong about this :)
Bompy

Postby cremor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Bompy,

I'm no official here but as far as I know you are correct. If they keep uploading the reports to a guild on the wrong realm it's really their fault. But I think a class matching wouldn't hurt (maybe also level matching since a level 85 character surely can't do 90 raids).
cremor

Postby Maihem » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Alex, good to see you here! =)

WOL works like this:
- You use a user account to log in.
- Your user account should be part of a guild.
- You can either register a new guild or join an existing one.
- On registering a guild, you select the realm it resides on (can be changed later)
- When you upload a combat log, it is added to the guild that your user account is part of.
- The realm of a report is determined by the current realm setting of the guild it has been uploaded to.
- When a guild's realm setting is changed, all its reports consequently change realm for the sake of the WoW-Heroes API.

So to confirm: yes, if you change realm and update your guild info on WOL, existing reports will change realm too. You can register a new guild instead and start uploading there if you have a need to keep your existing reports on the same realm.

I'm not sure how the suggested class matching would work, since the WH API gives you the rankings and latest reports for a given combination of realm name and character name. You could filter the rankings on class (not sure about reports in the current state of the API) as this information is included in the response, but where would you find the class to filter by? Perhaps fire an Armory request, but then again that's error prone since some characters may no longer exist. When a character changes realm, there may instead be a new character with the same name on the old realm of a different class, so this can actually happen.
Maihem
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports