Guild Pages

Chutia

Guild Pages

Post by Chutia » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:28 pm

I am having a ton of issues with my guild page, specifically with the content not saving itself.

I've typed it up on more than one occasion now and everytime we navigate back to the page all the content we entered into description etc is completely gone. However if we refresh the page 3-5 times the content shows up, but disappears again once we try to edit. We'd also like to change over cover picture but each time we click the link to upload we get this:

We also get the same error when clicking our server from the guild page.

Guild member list also does not update, it simply sits at 99 members.

Are these known bugs or is something wrong with our guild?

Please Advise.

Miles
Site Admin

Re: Guild Pages

Post by Miles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Chutia,

The image feature is not done yet, sorry, I've hidden the button for the moment. Can you post a link to your guild so I can check what's up with it? The content should be saved when you see a green "success: Guild info updated" message, if not, there should be an error somewhere that's highlighted; maybe you're going over the size limit? There shouldn't be any other validation rule.

Use the "Save guild info texts" button to save these texts, and not the "Save preferences" button on the right.

Chutia

Post by Chutia » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Sure: http://worldoflogs.com/guild/us/malganis/instability

When you hit the page 80% of the time it is empty, refreshing a few times does show the data eventually but it is hit and miss. Sometimes it is there immediately but more often than not the page needs 3-5 refreshes for the data to actually show.

Even with the data not showing though, if I go to edit it it's there sometimes and others not.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Chutia wrote:Sure: http://worldoflogs.com/guild/us/malganis/instability

When you hit the page 80% of the time it is empty, refreshing a few times does show the data eventually but it is hit and miss. Sometimes it is there immediately but more often than not the page needs 3-5 refreshes for the data to actually show.

Even with the data not showing though, if I go to edit it it's there sometimes and others not.
Thanks for the bug report! Confirmed reproducable. We've changed the server configuration a bit in the last few days and some had a wrong version of a library. I think I've fixed the issue now, F5-ing the page consistently shows the text now.

Chutia

Post by Chutia » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Thanks seems to be working, any ETA on the cover page edit?

whispers quietly
Or can I just supply you with mine and have you do it for me as a thank for the bug report :)

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 am

Haha, nah, I'd rather not hack the css for guilds separately. Right now the focus is on "how the heck did we wipe" so I'm not sure when this will be done; hopefully, in a week or two.