.Adding to the novelty of the accomplishment: it was two different running backs

panxing18

.Adding to the novelty of the accomplishment: it was two different running backs

Post by panxing18 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 am

In consecutive weeks http://www.authenticsindianapoliscolts. ... ton-jersey , the Seattle Seahawks produced consecutive 100-yard games rushing from running backs, which is a massive accomplishment considering the futility the team has faced for more than a season trying to run the ball reaching the century mark, and neither of which was rookie first-round pick Rashaad Penny."We really needed to focus and establish that we could run the football and find our offensive line's nature," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. "I think we've really tapped into that. That's really important and it's a long, long season."Seattle's promise throughout the offseason of returning to being a run-first offense has finally come to fruition in the past two weeks, and not surprisingly the Seahawks have won two straight. Two weeks ago against Dallas, Chris Carson rumbled for 102 yards in a 24-13 victory. He became the first Seahawks running back to reach the century mark after 22 straight regular season games without a back getting to the 100-yard mark.And last week at Arizona, veteran Mike Davis rushed 21 times for 101 yards and two touchdowns in the 20-17 win over the Cardinals.The last time the Seahawks had any running back rush for 100 yards in consecutive games was Weeks 10 and 11 of the 2014 season when Marshawn Lynch did it and Seattle was on its way to a second straight NFC championship and Super Bowl appearance.Yeah, it had been a while."I think our emphasis has been to really make sure and get this knocked out and I didn't feel like we got it done the first two weeks and if anything, we had maybe gone overboard," Carroll said. "Carrying the ball thirty times gives you a chance to play really good football and that means you're really committed and it's clear. We'll build from here."Carson having a 100-yard game has been an expectation since this time last year when he was showing promise as a rookie before a season ending lower-leg injury. The surprise wasn't Davis having that much success against the Cardinals, but rather the fact his carries seemed to come at the expense of Penny.Seattle spent a first-round pick on Penny for a reason, but those skills as a runner haven't emerged yet. The rookie was slowed during training camp by a small hand fracture that left him only doing conditioning on the side and not getting a chance to take part in most of the preseason. Penny had 20 carries for 43 yards through the first three games, but finally showed some flash last week against the Cardinals with nine carries for 49 yards."I'm just getting comfortable and being confident and I that is something that is slowly happening, especially after last week," Penny said.Penny said the time on the sideline dealing with the hand injury and the subsequent surgery threw him off track and it's taken about a quarter of the regular season to finally get back to where he was at the start of training camp. But that means accepting being in a rotation at running back for now. Carson is expected back this week against the Rams and Carroll said Davis will be given more opportunity after his performance last week."I'm finally working at being back to who I was and being back into that form and shape of that guy who they drafted," Penny said. "I can't do it without the great running backs I've got in that room. They pick me up, everyone does."NOTES: Seattle signed safety T.J. Green and veteran safety/linebacker Maurice Alexander http://www.authenticsindianapoliscolts. ... hez-jersey , and promoted TE Darrell Daniels from the practice squad to fill three open roster spots. Green was a second-round pick of the Colts in 2016 and appeared in 31 games over two seasons. Alexander was in training camp with Seattle and was part of the final cuts. He brings the versatility of being able to play both safety and linebacker. ... Carroll said LB K.J. Wright will not be back this week. Wright has been out since late August following knee surgery.Indianapolis Colts by the Numbers: Week 4 Offensive Stats Every week, I will present a summary of some basic and advanced stats for the Colts performance relative to the league. Thanks to Pro Football Reference, NFL.com and the nflSCrapR project for being awesome sources of weekly data.OK, let’s get it out of the way. It was the wrong decision.For those who think ties don’t count you are empirically wrong. They count as exactly 1鈦? a win, which is 1鈦? a win more than the Colts got last Sunday and less than the number of wins they simply handed to a division rival.For those who think it was aggressive, it wasn’t.It was a decision with little chance of success and a large downside.Punching a wall isn’t aggressive, it’s stupid. For those who feel consolation in the player’s opinions, the player’s, thankfully,aren’t coaches. They don’t get paid to make those decisions.For those who think the team unity is completely worth it, then have fun watching some other AFC South team play in week 18 while you proudly crow about how “at least we went for it”.Cleansing breath.Last week, I wrote that the Colts offense would not be successful unless they increased their catch rate or threw longer passes. In week 4, they did both and the results were a much stronger performance.It wasn’t all roses though. The Colts put up 5 drives that accumulated -21 yards and an opponent score.Usually that is enough to write the game off, but the outstanding second half performance led to 3 TDs and a field goal. This mixture of good and bad resulted in a 72% DSR, which crushes the pathetic 58% posted last week. TEAM TOTALSOne driver of the elevated week 4 performance was third down conversion rate which increased from 16% in week 3 to almost 59% (10 of 17).Given that the avg yards to gain was a 23rd ranked 8.4 yards, it was truly 3rd down heroics that allowed the Colts to even get to overtime. The graphs above show average 2nd and 3rd down situations for all teams so far this year. I have also plotted the Colts by week numbers separately for comparison. On 2nd downs, the Colts have consistently had better than average yards to gain, which means we are successful on 1st downs relative to the league.But on 3rd downs Youth Andrew Luck Jersey , the last 2 weeks resulted in a higher than average yards to go, meaning our second downs have been ineffective. With 8.4 ytg, converting 59% of 3rd downs is truly a remarkable effort,without which, the offense would have looked much more like last week. PASSINGI’m not one to talk about dropped passes but man, that seemed like a lot of dropped passes. The first passing numbers I looked for this week were the average depth of target (aDOT) and air yards per completion (aYd), which in the first 3 weeks were the worst of all teams. Fortunately, both of these dramatically increased.The 8.4 aDOT was 25% longer than the previous week and the 7.4 aYds more than doubled week 3’s laughable 3.1.Andrew Luck is starting to connect on deeper passes.A higher catch rate and longer passes led to an easier time moving the ball, which presents itself in Luck’s 7.8 ANY/A, his best mark, by far, this season.RUSHINGThe rushing story is about the same as last week: the Colts didn’t rush much and they didn’t rush well. Long yardage limited the number of 3rd down conversion attempts to 2, one of which was successful.There were no explosive runs and only 41 yards total.Much of that is likely due to game script as the Colts trailed for most of the contest.CONCLUSIONSOverall, this week was a much better effort, but the Colts offense still needs to take the next step.They will have to correct their second down deficiencies to make 3rd downs easier (and less frequent).Converting large yard to gain situations at high rates is just not sustainable. Success in that area should limit the number of 3 & outs and result in longer, more successful drives. SEASON TOTALS (per game)