Tanks being CRIT in madness

lividhatter

Tanks being CRIT in madness

Post by lividhatter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:05 am

Im super new to these forums so forgive my ignorance.

My MT is complaining that he is being crit by tentacles in Madness.

[00:04:03.814] Mutated Corruption crits Blightelf *144426* (O: 40820)
[23:33:58.073] Mutated Corruption crits Blightelf *161966* (A: 27030)

Any thoughts on how this is possible? We were under the impression tanks didnt get crit anymore.

lividhatter

Re: Tanks being CRIT in madness

Post by lividhatter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 am

lewick

Post by lewick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:10 am

I'm going out on a limb here with this, but there was a bug a while back related to presences. If you were in a non-blood spec and put blood presence up, if you switched spec to blood and didn't refresh your blood presence, it would leave the existing old blood presence from your non-tanking spec up. This caused improved blood presence to not be activated, resulting in a loss of 6% crit reduction (which is basically what boss level mobs have without any buffs.)

Is it possible that your blood tank did something between your spine and madness attempts where they changed specs, set blood presence and then changed back? I know it's a long shot, but it's all I can come up with. Our DK tank hasn't taken a single crit from any of the mutated corruptions in madness.

lividhatter

Post by lividhatter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:14 am

hes always tank spec =( but thank you for the reply!

aggixx

Post by aggixx » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm

I can confirm that the Blood Presence bug still exists as of just over a week ago on live servers, and if your tank in question is a Blood DK then I can say with 99% certainty that this is the reason. It's not 100% related to swapping specs, but it is related to the "Blood Presence" aura not being applied correctly, having your Blood DK switch out and back into Blood Presence before every pull (or after every run back) will guarantee this doesn't happen.

Edit: Sort of a necro, but meh, it's information to put out there.