H Morchok and Bane of Havoc

nipil

H Morchok and Bane of Havoc

Post by nipil » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Good day to you !

We're using a split tactic on HC Morchok :
- Morchok is taken on the right side of the road : i'm there with most of the casters and one tank who's the logger
- Kohcrom is taken on the left side of the road, with most of the melee and the second tank

Yesterday i've been doing HC Morchok as destro, to try it out. I've been carefully putting Havoc on the off-sided boss, and even if it did do damage on each try, but it didn't do any damage on the kill itself.

I'm confident that the log itself and Wol are doing fine, but i think there's a shark in the water somewhere. I know (for certain until now) that the 40 yard range in the spell tooltip and db sites is related to the application of the debuff, and that there should be no "limited range" factor when transfering damages between the current target and the baned target.

So my question is : are we (again) facing another logging-range limitation in the wow client due to our positionning ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance !

nipil

Re: H Morchok and Bane of Havoc

Post by nipil » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 pm

This just happened again yesterday.

Bane of havoc was applied and stayed for its intended duration :
[21:13:42.324] Kohcrom afflicted by Plaie de tumulte from Kartov
[21:13:44.309] Kohcrom afflicted by Plaie de tumulte from Miryah
[21:18:42.264] Kartov's Plaie de tumulte fades from Kohcrom
[21:18:44.248] Miryah's Plaie de tumulte fades from Kohcrom
Damage done via Bane of Havoc for me (our other warlock) :
Name Amount DPS(e) DPS Active time
Miryah 1 090 080 99.96% 2891.5 2917.6 373.6 99.3%
Kartov 452 0.04% 1.2 1.2 373.4 99.3%
We both do exactly the same thing, same placement, same logging, so i feel there's something tricky going on when i'm applying the bane to the second boss. It's sad, because doing 37k without the bane would bring me to approximately 41k with it, which would be quite nice. Anyone has any idea ? Anyone has already met the same problem ? I'll be creating a post on the official EU forums, maybe i'll get some feedback.

(edit, official forum post here : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3144508424 hope i'll get some answer)