Blackhorn: Consuming Shroud resists

ulyssez

Blackhorn: Consuming Shroud resists

Post by ulyssez » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 am

The combat log shows extrodinarily high amount of damage being resisted from the consuming shroud debuff. In our log I'm seeing about 75% of the damage being resisted which doesn't make sense to me and I'm wondering if this is wrong or am I missing something. Other guilds logs have similar percentage of consuming shroud being resisted.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x ... 226&e=5665

For getting the shroud debuff 3 times during the encouter I would expect damage done + resists + absorbs to be somewhere around 10.8 million before damage reduction abilites but this isn't the case.
150,000 * hitting 24 others * 3 = 10.8 mil, not accounting for pets being hit or dmg reduction abilities like feint, shadowform, tank 6%, barkskin etc.
The total is actually closer to 12.1 mil damage which is above the expected mark even if I account for pets and assume 0% dmg mitigation through abilities, mostly thanks to a huge 9 mil dmg resisted.

I'm just wondering if anyone can explain what I'm seeing here, huge resists from consuming shroud. Maybe if this ability dealt more damage instead of inducing seizures, phase 2 of the encounter would be fun.