holy paladin log

ropman

holy paladin log

Post by ropman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:37 pm

can u pls analyze the holy paladin? it is from ultraxion normal attempts

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l5uv ... details/0/

i dont know much about holy paladin but id say shes using flash of light too much (especially during AoE fights like this, not to mention its not very mana effective). can u give some advice based on the logs, what can be done better ? because i suspect shes underperforming (always last on healing meters by a signifficant margin) and it is starting to become a problem if we want to 2-heal this boss.

Ruthenia

Re: holy paladin log

Post by Ruthenia » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 am

Ok, here's what I think is happening:

Overall, Flash of Light (FoL) did most of her healing. But if you look at individual attempts, the longer the attempt the smaller FoL's contribution to her total healing done. I think that's due to your disc priest. Divine Aegis (DA) is guaranteed on every Prayer of Healing (PoH) hit, and when PoH crits the DA is VERY large. This can lead to very uneven health levels, but it smooths out as the damage ramps up and bubbles pop faster. So at the start of the fight, she's using direct heals to keep the groups even while your disc priest is spamming PoH. As the fight progresses and damage ramps up, she's switching to Holy Radience(HR). It's understandable, but not advisable.

What she should do is relax a bit at the start of the fight. Let people drop a bit and then cast a HR. Use a 3 Holy Power Light of Dawn (LoD) to bring up the lowest health players. Conserve mana. I've 2 healed this on my pally with a resto druid and a disc priest. I usually don't have to really start spamming HR until ~10 seconds before the first crystal.

As for crystal assignments, I see you have her on green. If you're 2 healing, she needs to take blue without question. With blue, she can spam HR to her heart's content and not go oom. And with the haste it gives, the HoT component of HR overtakes the direct healing component. As for the other colors, that depends on who's your second healer is and each player's skill. Skill being equal with a hpally and disc priest, the hpally should take red and blue. A disc priest taking red will lead to a lot of overhearing with PoH, and will exacerbate the uneven health problem. On the other hand, HR heals are small and many, so crits average out more leaving more even health pools. Green is about as bad for both disc and hpally. The HoT component of HR is too small to proc Essence of Dreams and the DA component of PoH doesn't proc Essence of Dreams. So parts of both healers' AoE won't be duplicated with green.

If it's the druid and pally, the druid should take red and the pally should take green and blue.

Make sure she knows not to dump her holy power when she has blue, LoD isn't worth the GCD. She should spam HR as fast as her little fingers can click.

ropman

Post by ropman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

thanks for the input. so to sum up, i think there are 2 main problems. 1) shes direct healing more as she should and 2) using ineffective heals like FoL. would holy light or divine light be better in such situation ?

Ruthenia

Post by Ruthenia » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I wouldn't (and don't) use direct heals on anyone other than the tank. As I said, the problem is PoH crits causing uneven health. I'd let the crits average out, and even hold off on casting HR until people are a bit lower health. LoD and MAYBE Word of Golry will bring up the stragglers. It's not a healing race. She's basically trying to snipe the heals which is bad for all healer mana. In the first minute and shortly after red is picked up, there are times when it's ok to just sit there for a second or 2. Don't snipe, be a team healer :D