Analyzing Hunter Steady/Cobra Shot

Silvertoe

Analyzing Hunter Steady/Cobra Shot

Post by Silvertoe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:16 am

Is there any way to see or report the count of Stead/Cobra Shots "begins to cast" entries versus the number of damage entries? ie. I want to know how many were interrupted due to movement, etc. Same would go for Aimed Shot.

With the XE I can do something like:

((type = TYPE_CAST and spell="Cobra Shot") or (type = TYPE_DAMAGE and spell="Cobra Shot")) and sourcename = "Silvertoe"

but I don't want to go through the entire parse and count them myself. (Before anyone critiques the expression, I know there's quite a bit of tweaking that would have to be done, but I hope you get the general idea.)

It would be nice to have this value in the "Damage by Spell" tab on the Player Detail page. Add a "# Cast" column to complement the Hit/Crit/Blocked/etc columns. Or does this data already exist and I'm just missing it?

Thanx!

nipil

Re: Analyzing Hunter Steady/Cobra Shot

Post by nipil » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't know any other way to check this than doing it "by hand" :
- you already have the number of damage entries in the Players "damage done", you just have to sum up (hit+crit+block+miss)
- then reduce your XE expression to show the casts only
- cut'n'paste the whole output in a text file and if you're using any kind of decent text editor, going to the end of the text shows you the line number
By doing this, you'd have something your two numbers, which you could then compare and find how many casts where interrupted.

PS: beware of deduplication.

ArcaneMagus

Post by ArcaneMagus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 am

Just a note, I'm pretty sure those "begins to cast" events are only shown for the person running the log, as such putting this in the actor detail pages would be impossible as only one person would have the required data.

nipil

Post by nipil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

> only shown for the person running the log
Nope. Example : our tank is logging, and i could "see" our hunter's start_cast events in it.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I remember SPELL_CAST_START being self-only at some point, though it seems raid-wide now. SPELL_CAST_FAILED is still self-only though.