Filtering log using XE

Ries

Filtering log using XE

Post by Ries » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Hello. Really new at this, so please bear with me.

How do I filter the logs to see who used specific cooldowns during a boss' special ability/aoe event, and how much damage they took even with it? And if any other external cooldowns helped mitigate via absorbs, etc?

For example, at what point the tank hit a cooldown as Impale happened and if a pally hit HoSac and how much damage was mitigated?

Thank you.

ArcaneMagus

Re: Filtering log using XE

Post by ArcaneMagus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 pm

The closest way to get what you are looking for currently is to run a query like:

Code: Select all

spellid in (xxxxx,yyyyy,....,zzzzz)
where x,y,z and such are the spell ID's you are interested in. You can do the same thing with spell names (just use "spell in (" ).

There are two main tricky things with getting exactly what you are looking for: Finding what absorbed something is rather tricky, and really only works for absorbs that use the new shield events (PW:S and the like). To see which of those absorbed it the closest you can get is finding all shield events and looking for one right next to the damage event.

And the main thing that will make this difficult is there is currently no way to only show events when "boss ability x is active". That would be what we call "trigger" support, and although planned it will take a lot of work to implement and other things have higher priority.

I hope this helps at least a little bit, if you have further questions feel free to ask ;)