How to read Brewmaster stagger

Brewsleii

How to read Brewmaster stagger

Post by Brewsleii » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:23 pm

This is my first post, but I think I'm in the right place. I have a question about how to read stagger in the damage taken part. I'm looking at my world of logs info after raiding and my dmg taken looked way higher than I tracked it throughout the raid. So I started looking to try and figure out where all this dmg is coming from.

When I looked at the ''Analyze - Damage Taken" for myself and my pally tank counterpart everything looked okay but then I noticed my stagger is being calculated as 12% of my damage intake as well as the incoming damage from everything else.

Example:
Melee 50%
Stagger 12%
Heavy Handed 7%
Rot 7%

When I look at the pally tank its something like

Melee 62%
Rot 8%
Heavy Handed 6%
Infested Spores 3%

So in the end I come out taking like 27% dmg and the pally is at 19% which... doesn't seem right because that's not how it reflected in the meters I ran during the raid or the performance of the tanks.

I asked people in my guild to link me their in raid meters just to compare and make sure mine wasn't off. Everyone's was the same or really close. The reading was as follows:

Pally Tank
in meters = 18.6% dmg taken
in world of logs = 19.03% dmg taken

Monk Tank
in meters = 14.2% dmg taken
in world of logs = 28.14%

The pally is pretty freaking close to the reading of both. The monk is 14% off?... that doesn't seem like a coincidence seeing that the stagger came in added as 12% EXTRA damage when stagger is used to clear some of the dmg... lets say around 2% of it?.... This makes Brewmasters look like crap.

Please someone correct me or explain if I'm off here because I'm really confused. The only thing that would make the math smooth out and get a more relative reading would be to completely delete the stagger percentage in the log.

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: How to read Brewmaster stagger

Post by Maihem » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 am

Hey and welcome to the forums! We have updated absorb tracking (which includes stagger) several days ago. The numbers may have been off by quite a bit for mitigation through stagger. Please reverify the numbers from your report as they have probably changed with this update.

That said, you should be able to calculate stagger mitigation by checking out the amount shielded by stagger, then subtracting damage taken from the dot you get. This should yield amount of damage effectively mitigated. If you can link the report in question, I can have a look myself to see if anything looks off still.

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: How to read Brewmaster stagger

Post by Maihem » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Update: Damage mitigated by stagger is no longer shown on the damage taken pages. All damage numbers shown are excluding damage staggered. Damage from the Stagger DoT effect is shown as normal damage taken.