# Spells Cast

napsilan

# Spells Cast

Post by napsilan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:58 pm

As a healer, I would greatly appreciate the ability to see how many of a particular spell I cast in a fight. The main problem occurs with spells such as prayer of healing or power word: shield. Since prayer hits multiple targets, and doesn't always hit the same number of targets, I can only get a rough estimate of number of casts from number of hits. I'm not sure if shields are counted per absorbed hit or shield cast.

Other suggestions:
I really like how Recount gives you the top targets on mouseover, in addition to spells. I'd really like this in WoL, to quickly see what sort of assignment a person had.
Would it be possible to give single-player single-spell information? There is currently no easy way to compare how 2 different paladins are using Divine Light, for example.

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: # Spells Cast

Post by Maihem » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 pm

napsilan wrote:Since prayer hits multiple targets, and doesn't always hit the same number of targets, I can only get a rough estimate of number of casts from number of hits.
I'm fairly sure there's simply one event for each target in the log. The SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event is only logged for the spells cast by the logger themselves and hence can't be relied on.
napsilan wrote: I'm not sure if shields are counted per absorbed hit or shield cast.
Per absorb.
napsilan wrote:Would it be possible to give single-player single-spell information?
This can already be done. Go to Analyze > Healing Done, select "by target" and set "Source" to the healer in question. Then, enter e.g. spell = "Divine Light" into the "Expression" box and press enter.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 pm

You could use this for other views as well. If you'd like to see what spells a certain healer used to heal a certain tank, select "by spell", set "Source" to the healer and "Target" to the tank. Oh, and make sure the "Expression" field is empty this time ;-)

nipil

Post by nipil » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 am

A shaman friend of mine just asked me wether the info about the initial person on whom the chain heal is cast. Why does he want to find this info ? A priori one of our shamheal apply seems to have trouble optimizing the chain "bounce" because he's initially targeting/casting a spell one someone who's either too far from other people (or our players are too spread, but on the same encounter/pull other shaman don't seem to have this problem)

As far as i have searched in EE via spellid=1064 (Salve de guérison), i only see this kind of output :
[21:16:02.315] XXX begins to cast Salve de guérison
[21:16:03.705] XXX Salve de guérison YYY +*10048*
[21:16:03.705] XXX Salve de guérison ZZZ +5745
[21:16:03.705] XXX Salve de guérison AAA +7950
[21:16:03.705] XXX Salve de guérison BBB +9035

When there are 4 lines, i'd say it's good. When there are fewer than 4 lines, there may be some range issue or sub-optimal initial target.

There doesn't seem to be a targetID on the start casting event, there's no successful cast event, there's only 1-4 raw lines of healing done, all timestamped identically. And even if we know that the healing done is reduced on each bounce, due to crits (and maybe each heal doing his own in-game checks) i haven't found any way to tell wether the initial cast was done on Y/Z/A or B.

Is there any way to find the initial target ?

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

Not as far as I'm aware.

LucindaThow

Post by LucindaThow » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:56 am

Sharing reasonable suggestions on here is very helpful solution for users with people get right guidance in easy way. People buy essay papers from service review essayoneday.com here on amazing prices as compare to others.