Next WoL version?

Next WoL version?

Postby mirah » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:29 pm

I seem to recall talk a while back about there being an upcoming version of WoL that would have a log of adjustments and maybe some new features. Is that still in the works? Are you looking for any additional contributers/moderators? I'd love to see updates to the expression editor in particular.
mirah

Re: Next WoL version?

Postby ArcaneMagus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 am

As far as I know they are still working on it, although I'm curious as to what updates you were looking for in the expression editor? There are only two (Maybe 2.5?) things planned for it that I know of, one should just need some finishing touches while the other will take quite a bit of work before implementation (Query Triggers).
ArcaneMagus

Postby mirah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 am

I thought I'd seen mention of being able to save queries, but it's possible I made that up. I also thought they'd said the log browser was going to be phased out and the expression editor was meant to replace it, so I assumed that might involve some tweaks & polishing. Anyway, glad to know it's still being worked on.
mirah

Postby ArcaneMagus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that :shock: Yea that's been a much requested feature throughout both of these tools life times, I'll have to remember to bring that up next time we are talking about it...

As for phasing out the log browser the thing that just needs some "finishing touches" is a GUI query builder for the Expression Editor, one of the main barriers for adoption that is preventing most people from using it ;) After that (or at the same time hopefully) an importer for the old Log Browser queries will be implemented, and at that point the Log Browser should be able to be phased out ;)
ArcaneMagus

Postby man4pak04 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 am

It's especially annoying when you want to upload a large log file (eg if you let it run for a raid week without uploading), because the Open File refuses to read a log file longer than a week without splitting, so you split it and then end up with a bunch of zip files that you have to manually unzip before you can upload them. Alot of extra disk churn and user frustration for no reason. Plus from a user interface design perspective, it's kind of ridiculous for a program to output a file format for "archiving" that it then refuses to read it back in.
man4pak04

Return to Feature Requests