Log Merge

whitheist

Log Merge

Post by whitheist » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello,

i would like to know if there is any useful reason to merge logs if bosses are not phased ( like sha, or gara'jal ).
Is there any possibility to have 2 completely different logs in the same raid?

Another question, do the logs advantage the player that is registering logs?

Thank you in advance

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Log Merge

Post by Maihem » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:35 pm

For most encounters there is no added value in merging logs. The combat log range is large enough for most encounters to be recorded by a single person. Some exceptions may exist -- I know that the layout of the Spoils of Pandaria encounter may cause the logger to register only part of the events in the other room due to range issues. World of Logs does not offer functionality to merge combat log files, so you would have to find another way of doing that if you insist on it. Most log mergers that I have seen cause extensive inflation of statistics because they include identical lines from both combat logs into the final merged logs.

In answer to your last question: the combat log does not generally advantage the logging player. The only way in which they may be advantaged is that they are definitely in phase and range of their own combat log, which means that their events are always logged. Events for players in another phase or out of range position may be dropped.

lehylo

Re: Log Merge

Post by lehylo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Blog of the world is created for the positive picture for the individuals. The insight of the blog and assignment help online is fixed for the critical approach of the students in the path of the good performance.