Library for pushing logs

Library for pushing logs

Postby zlendary » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 am

Greetings,

Before starting, I would like to make clear that I am pretty aware that you dont want to make your client's source code public and I understand the reasons for that.

However, I am working on a experimental project that is using WoL as a fundamental part of it. The current state of my experient requires me to publish existing logs from different machines (actually it compares logs from several guys from my guild and pushed each one of them to WoL) remotelly. At this time, I am running a macro that runs your client in each machine and pushes logs one by one. This macro is not so accurated, since it depends on several factors that I could not control.
Thus, I would like to ask you for a webservice or a library (so I can make a webservice of my own) for pushing logs. This library could have two simple functions: log-in with your servers and upload a file, given its path. I am relly not interested on how you do your magic, I just want to use it in an alternative way. Is it possible?

att
zlendary

Re: Library for pushing logs

Postby Maihem » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Sounds like it could be interesting to accommodate your use case. Perhaps you can explain your experiment in a bit more detail? We could maybe look into adding some command-line options to accomplish your goal.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby zlendary » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Sure!

I am creating an application for manage applies and attendance on my guild. The attendance is verified through crossing WoL and EPGPWeb data, so I can define how long each player remains in the main group according to the logs and I use some EPGP data to know at what time someone arrived and left. The "apply" part of the application overlaps some of the logs provided by the user with mine or someone else on my guild, it isolates some fight in my guildie log and pushes for a specific WoL account, so I can use your expression browser to find some specific data, that will be compared to the log provided by the new guy. I am testing a script to retrieve specific data on a log through your expression editor (its kinda buggy but Im working on it).
For avoiding giving this specific WoL account for several players (since you can only push logs to one guild), this pushing part will be automated. I found that depending on the distances during the fight the logs may miss some information, then may be necessary to do a brief comparisson to select the better log among my guildies.

At this moment I am trying to figure out how to do this comparisson, since there are 2 different logs, from different groups. Accepting suggestions :D

I tried to simplify it at maximum, but thats it.
Last edited by zlendary on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zlendary

Postby zlendary » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:24 pm

The webservice part is that I am willing to create an easier solution. The users will just access the internal page of our guild and upload the logs there. Many of my guild mates are facing several issues in the client (maybe caused by the last java update), so I want to ease their lifes: the site will be responsible for pushing it to WoL. So, if there is a webservice of yours I would use it.
zlendary

Return to Feature Requests