Client Issues

Client Issues

Postby Illusive1994 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

Hey Guys,
When ever I launch the the client it just ends up constantly saying do you want to open this program? I have java installed, so i don't see what the issue is :?

Help would be much appreciated,
Thanks
Illusive1994

Re: Client Issues

Postby Maihem » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Your browser should "open" the file using Java Web Start.

Firefox shows the following; simply click OK.

You might even consider checking the "Do this automatically" checkbox.

Maihem
Site Admin

Postby shammou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:57 am

i use google chrome...what info can you share for that?

i have same problem
shammou

Postby Maihem » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Visit http://www.java.com and download the latest version of Java. Then, close all browser windows and install Java.

If that doesn't work, deinstall Java (using Control Panel --> Programs), reboot and reinstall.

Finally, if you still can't get it to work, post back here and we'll try finding the cause.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby Tankslogs » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:48 am

Note: You need sign in and be in a guild to access the client
> DONE!

To start it, just click the big "Client" button on the upper right corner of each page.
> DONE!

If you're asked to save or run the jnlp file, choose run.
> Google Chrome automatically downloads the file.

I also use google chrome
I downloaded and installed the Java chromeinstall-6u18.exe
When I right click > Launch > launch.jnlp nothing happens.

Could the problem be that google chrome is not supported?
Tankslogs

Postby Maihem » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Try visiting http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml to test if your Java install is working. Post the results here and I'll see what I can do.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby Tankslogs » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Your Java is working.
Latest Java installed.

Your Java configuration is as follows:
Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Version: Java 6 Update 18
Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0
Architecture: x86

I have deleted my cache, Uninstalled and reinstalled Java, rebooted my PC all prior to this test and still nothing happens when I launch the launch.jnlp

Thank you for your reply and help Maihem.
I would like to use WOL so I hope there is some way to fix this.
Tankslogs

Postby Ayden » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 pm

I get the same exact results when running the java test a few posts back, but still cannot get the laucher to work. Any ideas on what to do to fix the problem.
Ayden

Postby Maihem » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 am

The WoL client is built on top of Java Web Start, which is included in every standard Java distribution. If you cannot open the JNLP launcher file for the client, this usually means one of two things: 1) your file associations are not set up correctly (i.e. Windows doesn't know it should open .jnlp with JavaWS); or 2) your Java install is corrupt.

The most reliable way of fixing this issue is to 1) de-install Java; 2) reboot your computer; and 3) re-install Java. It seems I posted the wrong link before, though, as that was only the Chrome Java plug-in, not the full JRE installer. Please use one of the full Java installers found at http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp to re-install Java.

If, after re-installing, Windows still doesn't know how to open a JNLP file, it should show you an "Open with..." screen. Browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin" (or simply "Program Files" if you don't see an (x86) version) and open with "javaws.exe".

Java RE 6u18 (Windows / online install): http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=37990
Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Google Chrome Client Issues

Postby Tankslogs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Sorry Maihem but you didn't post anything I haven't tried already. It's obvious your program has issues with Google Chrome being the default web browser. I am not going to use a different web browser to access your program I'll just use a different JNLP combat log program which I have tried already and is working fine. Sorry I had to cancel my credit card payment for 1 year World of Logs Unlimited Subscription. I hope someday you do find a fix for this issue since it seems there are many people with the same problem using :!: Google Chrome and your WOL Java program. :!:
Peace!
Tankslogs

Next

Return to General Discussion