Record.. but I think I lost my log.

kmjt

Record.. but I think I lost my log.

Post by kmjt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 pm

I got a few rank 1 in toc 10 yesterday but i'm not sure if I logged it right. This is exactly what I did:

- /combatlog
- *opened up the client*
- *clicked on the live session feature*
- when the raid was over shortly after in dal I did /combatlog again to end it
- pressed "sync now" not knowing what it would do a couple of times (did that mess something up?
- than I just closed the client...

It's almost been 24 hours and my log is still not on the website.. and someone told me it takes a max of 8. So i'm assuming I did something wrong. Is there a way to still upload that log? If I did /combatlog shouldn't it be saved somewhere?

hoho

Re: Record.. but I think I lost my log.

Post by hoho » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 am

Log files are under Logs directory in your wow install directory.

Do you perhaps have loggerhead or other such addon installed that starts logging automatically and you turned it off with /combatlog

kmjt

Post by kmjt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 am

Ok so under where my logging is saved in the directory or whatever I have something called WoWCombatLog . I'm pretty sure this is where my logging is being saved to. However I was talking to my friend and he said he deletes this every time he starts a new log so it doesn't take up much space. I didn't know this and now this WoWCombatLog file I have is 690,439KB and it says its too big to open in notepad. What can I do?

hoho

Post by hoho » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am

Run the client. Tools->split&zip logs and you get much smaller chunks you can edit in wherever you like.