WoL's dead?

WoL's dead?

Postby Pastafarian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:45 pm

It would seem so after more then a month of various combat log bugs still there, such as the various shield issues and spec detections. Any updates? Have the admins all moved onto bigger and better things? Has this site gone the way of WoW Web Stats?
Pastafarian

Re: WoL's dead?

Postby cremor » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I've got a message from the admin about a month ago in which he said that he's trying to get some new stuff done before we are in the 85 raids.
So I'm hoping that WoL will be updated when we really need it again.
cremor

Postby Pastafarian » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Any update at all?
Pastafarian

Postby Maihem » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 pm

We have been working on other (though not necessarily bigger and better) projects, which means (much) less time spent on WoL issues. On top of that, many of the issues that WoL users have been experiencing are a direct result of the WoW combat log format and are nigh unfixable.

With the release of Cata, however, we've directed more of our time back to WoL, getting it in shape for the new content. For now, we'll focus on making WoL usable again as WoL's combat log and data files have seen many changes. Any new WoL functionality won't be implemented until at least these basic changes have been completed.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby tiga » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 am

BTW, why do the forums say:

Board index » [PRE-CATA Archive] Do not post! » ...

Is there a forum where we should be posting? And if we're not supposed to be posting here, my apologies for doing so.
tiga

Postby ashla » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Maihem wrote:With the release of Cata, however, we've directed more of our time back to WoL, getting it in shape for the new content. For now, we'll focus on making WoL usable again as WoL's combat log and data files have seen many changes. Any new WoL functionality won't be implemented until at least these basic changes have been completed.

With Cata out, has there been any thought to working on an ingame client that would record the data that the combat log fails to capture?
ashla

Postby Pastafarian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Maihem wrote:We have been working on other (though not necessarily bigger and better) projects, which means (much) less time spent on WoL issues. On top of that, many of the issues that WoL users have been experiencing are a direct result of the WoW combat log format and are nigh unfixable.

With the release of Cata, however, we've directed more of our time back to WoL, getting it in shape for the new content. For now, we'll focus on making WoL usable again as WoL's combat log and data files have seen many changes. Any new WoL functionality won't be implemented until at least these basic changes have been completed.

I'm not usually one to ask for a ETA, but is there any sort of ETA on fixing holy paladin mastery shields to show up? I believe it's fixable, because WoW Meters Online, WoW Cardio, Recount, and Skada all have that issue fixed.
Pastafarian

Postby vaylie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 pm

On top of that, many of the issues that WoL users have been experiencing are a direct result of the WoW combat log format and are nigh unfixable.

Can I ask why exactly these issues are unfixable? For example, the holy pally shield mastery. Even in-game addons such as Recount can track them accurately now because the new blizzard combat log actually provides this information rather than requiring guesses. Another persistent bug has been logging Protection Paladins as Retribution due to the use of Crusader Strike. This seems easily fixable as well by tracking Shield of the Righteous for Prot and Templar's Verdict for Ret.
vaylie

Postby Maihem » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:39 pm

vaylie wrote:Can I ask why exactly these issues are unfixable?

I was mainly referring to pre-Cata issues. As I said, we're looking into the changes Cata has brought and are updating WoL accordingly.
Maihem
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion