Robot access

Re: Robot access

Postby zooge » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 am

Hello,

I am working on my project for my guild to list member top 5 dps for each boss fight. For example:

Saurfang
Player 1 name - class - spec
1. 4768
2. 4665
3. 4556
4. 4550
5. 4335

Player 2 name - class - spec

I have looked at various site but I think WoL has the data that I need (and the fact my guild uses it already). I have looked at wol guild rss feeds, it does not have individual player data for what I need although I saw that in request for feature forum that exposing individual player data is something in the pipeline already.

For the mean time, looking at the reports, it looks like I could deduce this data from rawTableData. That has JSON like format which I think I can parse.

My question is, would this be something that violates the rule? I just want to make sure since the first post on this thread says that programmatic access is not allowed unless through a publish URL
zooge

Postby Maihem » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:27 pm

No, not as long as you use the data for non-commercial purposes only. Oh, and don't spam the site with requests, of course.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby hoho » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 pm

A few months ago Graf asked:
Graf wrote:Would love some kinda static output (that refreshes only once a day to
reduce load) of the ranking pages, so people can analyse that stuff.
Any news if something like this is ever planned? I'd love seeing it at some poing so I could make some kind of performance-over-time graphs for personal/guild use (assuming we get to tables) and to see how is the distribution of constantly well-performing people vs one-time tricks. It can surely be done via regular crawling but with literally tens of thousands of pages it probably won't work well with your servers so some form of more compressed data would be awesome.

For starters I think I could work with simply basic info like:
player name - dps/hps - timestamp of fight. Total fight length/damage done/healing done would be a nice bonus aswell.

Fight type (10/25 heroic) can be taken from query URL, perhaps even some kind of page listing links to all existing ranking tables that could be easily parsed when new bosses get released.

Having data like that would make for awesome graphs showing how different specs/classes scale with improving gear :)
hoho

Postby Miles » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 am

New feed up for ranking info - median dps of top 20 per spec and boss (& mode), ICC / TotC.

Details at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=970&p=4775#p4775

Not really "average of top 200" stuff, but should be okay for statistics, this shows what the "best" players in a certain class & spec can do, with some outliers on the top filtered out.
Miles
Site Admin

Postby Warwench » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Miles wrote:I've got no DK, so hmm, no idea what flags someone as a tank or dps. You better poke Maihem and see if you two can work out some reliable detection of tank vs dps spec.

Reasonable usage of RuneStrike is generally a Tank.

any chance we can see some break out of DK data?

The spreadsheet I've put together recently got some action by the blues looking it over and I'd love for it to be complete with data, all from WoL. Can't really add data from other locations and be able to compare apples to apples (and i dont want to have to use other places).

Warwench

Postby gmarco » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:45 am

Hi all.

I am trying to implement the last 10 raid feed in a simpleportal block of my smf guild forum.

The url I want to use is:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/feeds/guilds ... ids/?t=xml

But I get an error saying the url is incorrect.
I submitted a bug report on simpleportal forum here:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?PHPSE ... icseen#new

but the basically point me in this link saying the url is not validating:
http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi? ... %3Ft%3Dxml

Any idea of what I am missing ?
Thanks.
gmarco

Postby Miles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 pm

It's not an Atom / RSS feed. Might add that later, but for now, nope, feature not available.
Miles
Site Admin

Postby Pastafarian » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 am

Is there any update on implementing a RSS or atom feed? Either one would work for me.

I would use the available feeds right now, but I have virtually no programming experience, and my guild website is hosted by guildlaunch, so that limits me to running .js files and HTML. I don't even know how to implement a simple table with this current info.

Even if the RSS is as simple as the date, and raid zone with a link to that report, that would work for me.

Any help or updates would be appreciated
Pastafarian

Postby Nesler » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 am

I've been looking all over the site for a feed that contains data for a specific encounter - does it excist, or is it too much trouble to make?

Really, what i want to do is somehow get the latest progress kill and list top 3 dps/hps, tries, wipes and total damage/healing done for the kill fight. Is that possible with the current feeds available?
Nesler

Postby Maihem » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Miles created the feeds, but as far as I'm aware, no feeds exist to provide the information you're looking for.
Maihem
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion