Easy Rankings by spec

Xarkar

Easy Rankings by spec

Post by Xarkar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 am

Right now i find it hard if you want to see rankigns for a specific class / spec, that is not a high use spec.

For example, if you want to see only Blood DK's on 25 man festergut, you need to go though almost 25 pages before you find the first Blood DK.

I was thinking of a few ways you could sort it.

1, let us click on the "class" icon thats beside the spec icon in rankings. IE, when I find the top DK dps, i could click on DK and then it would ONLY show DK dps for that fight. Then i could at least see where the other specs fit in.

2. Have a new page in rankings (or buttons at the top) that woudl allow you to simply sort by spec right off the bat. Ie rather than having to find that spec in the rankings for that fight, you simply click Blood DK and there you go.

It would make browsing rankings much easier, for people who are not rogues !!!

Twong

Re: Easy Rankings by spec

Post by Twong » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 am

I agree with the OP.

Or perhaps add a search function for player/realm/battlegroup for ranking or logs.

Love the site!

Xarkar

Re: Easy Rankings by spec

Post by Xarkar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:51 pm

After making this suggestion i Dug a little deeper looking into how it coudl be done easily, and it appears it woudl be a very easy thing to do.

When you click on the spec you want, the page URLs are pretyt intuitive.

IE marksman hunter is

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players ... ip_Hunter/

Then if i wanted to see survival (rather than digging though the rankings pages trying to find a survivial hunter, i can just replace the Marksman_Hunter with Survival_hunter

So really all it needs is a link on the page allowing you to click it. Could be a drop down menu or anything.

At least in the meantime i know how to filter rankings without spending 20m finding one haha.