Feature request: Realm dps ranking?

Feature request: Realm dps ranking?

Postby iphuc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Would it be possible to rank players only on a specific realm? We all know we use the logs to check out potential guild recruits and epeen values. If we can look at it on a realm it would be awesome.
iphuc

Re: Feature request: Realm dps ranking?

Postby Spotnick » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm

I concur this would be one of the most interesting feature you could add.

I'm a bit tired of having to go guild by guild to check how I compare with the other of my class on my server.
Spotnick

Postby hoho » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:29 pm

There was a thread about it earlier and short answer was "no". Reason is there are around 500-something realms meaning the servers would have to rank 500x more people and it would put a bit too high load on servers.
hoho

Postby Miles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

We can has SSDs, soon. I'll think about it.

If we extend the listing to like top 400 globally, we can probably just do add realm=X in the WHERE clause and get some data from it. It won't be a full top200 list tho, as there are usually less than 200x [whatever spec] raiders on a realm.
Miles
Site Admin

Postby frmorrison » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:38 am

That would be nice to filter realms in the top 200/400 lists. So I could list only players from US-Mal'Ganis that are ranked.

Another request would be to search your character's name to see what it is on the various lists all at once.
frmorrison

Postby hoho » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 am

It would also be nice to be able to filter by region, e.g EU, US, China etc.

A bit on the related topic it would be great to be able to filter guild ranked players tab by raid aswell. It's kind of annoying trying to find those few ICC records amongst the tens if not hundreds of lower tier ones. Separating 10 and 25-man stuff would also be nice. I guess something purely client-side would be good enough, though would require loading all rankings for the guild at once.
hoho

Postby oray » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 pm

I believe this feature will be great!
oray

Postby Deny » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 pm

I actually just posted a topic about this feature! Then I scrolled down and saw this so I deleted it. Bump for a great feature! I think it would

A) Help out recruitment
B) Get more guilds into the system since server competition is often very strong
C) Awesome to see yourself ranked with people you know!
Deny

Postby danthegreat1 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Even better, if there was a filter by realm option, instead of just filter by class. It doesn't seem like it would take a huge hit on the database if it didn't re-arrange the ranking numbers. It would just merely take out whom ever isn't ranked that on specific fight.

Example:
Filter by Marks Hunter / Realm Arthas

Then it would merely only show the marks hunters on that realm with their Marks hunter world rank.

57. Huntar
76. Huntara

you get the picture. This shouldn't destroy the database as it's a simple filter.

Easy enough, they could just renumber them after the filter was applied.

57. Huntar.. would turn into..

1. Huntar

76. Huntara.. would turn into..

2. Huntara

This way it wouldn't take even more datamining to be able to get the top 200 for each realm, which that would take a HUGE toll on the database.
danthegreat1

Postby Miles » Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Some realms would claim a whole lot more spots than less active ones tho, so if you stick to just a global 200/spec ladder, the rankings won't make much sense.

The filtering by class / class+spec is kinda required, as it doesn't make sense to compare players between classes, Rogues are plain overpowered at the moment and shadow priests would come in last most of the time.

We'll just bump the limit / ladder up once the new servers are setup; last parts coming in tomorrow, so it should be racked by Monday.
Miles
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feature Requests