Suggestion: Max Values

Suggestion: Max Values

Postby sxcostanzo » Sat May 16, 2009 2:40 pm

I find this to be an excellent tool. I was wondering if you could display the maximum values in the data.

For example, you list the # of hits for a spell, and the average number

Arcane Blast 4587738 67.6 % 286 5771.3 1650579 250 11748.6 2937159

Could it be possible to add another column to indicate the maximum non-crit and crit value in the grid group.

Thanks
sxcostanzo

Re: Suggestion: Max Values

Postby Maihem » Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Having seen this request a couple of times now, I'm inclined to take some time to implement it. However, since I'm still wondering about the specifics, here's a question for you guys: which values would you like to see, exactly, and why?

Current numbers are count/avg/total for hit/block/crit/crush/glance/tick hit/tick crit. Do you need min/max? For each of these?

Please post your ideas and suggestions here so I can decide on the implementation details based on them!

Edit: Stickied.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby hoho » Tue May 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Average is pretty much a musthave of course.
Minimum might not say much but it sometimes helps to see if something is terribly wrong.

Seeing maximums is often just for personal enterntainment (big numbers!) but can also give some hints on how the average might gets skewed (missing some important buff on bosses).
hoho

Postby Galeldor » Tue May 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi.
This tool is very easy to use, especially the graph.

I've have also wondering about the min/max value.
And I've spoken with our casters in my guild. And a min/max value for hit, crit and tick(crit and hit) would be great.
Same for our healers.

Havent talked to our melees yet, so I cant give any input atm on melee.

The columns and formatting on the logs are nice and clear, and min/max could fit there.
I guess there is some concern about to much clutter as well though? ;)

/Galéldor
Galeldor

Postby Maihem » Tue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Yep, I'm afraid that the table won't fit after adding the new values :-(
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby Gaian » Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm

maximum hit/crit and also serperated by source. As a tank it helps me to see how hard the boss is hitting me. Being able to see max incoming hits helps me to see if I can survive X hits against the boss and thus whether it is better to equip item A or B depending on the worst case scenario burst.
Gaian

Postby Edriaine » Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 am

Maihem wrote:Current numbers are count/avg/total for hit/block/crit/crush/glance/tick hit/tick crit. Do you need min/max? For each of these?

At least for me personally, the following would be most useful:

Min/Max for hit/crit/tick hit/tick crit
Max for crush

Min/Max for glance/block and Min for Crush would be neat, but not really that useful to me I think.

I'd be perfectly happy with these extra tidbits showing up in the individual skill/spell charts, though, if putting them in the overall breakdown is too clutter-y.

(Also, partial resist number breakdowns for spells would be awesome to have in the charts as well :).
Edriaine

Postby Maihem » Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 am

Partial resist breakdowns? In what way should they be broken down?
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby Edriaine » Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 am

Maihem wrote:Partial resist breakdowns? In what way should they be broken down?

count/min/max/avg/total for spells that were partially resisted, seperate from spells that weren't resisted at all or were completely resisted. Basically treating/charting them like glancing blows are for melee. I don't think fully breaking out the partial resists into their individual 10% increments would be that useful (particularly since there really isn't anything you can do about them in PvE), but getting an general picture of how they're affecting spelldamage output by seperating them into their own column would be handy.
Edriaine

Postby Therdin » Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 pm

As a Caster being able to see my max Crits and max normal is a very very useful tool. I can figure averages my self but knowing my max capability lets me figure out what I need to work on. Whether it's Crit/SP, you combat logger site is amazing the design is awesome, and really... seeing max values is the only thing I would say is missing.
Therdin

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feature Requests