Suggestion: Max Values

Re: Suggestion: Max Values

Postby hoho » Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 am

What about removing the entire dot column and just put dot ticks/crits to same table with normal ability hit/crits? Seems kind of waste for me to have them separated.

Also, it would be quite nice to see how big percentage of abilities critted so we can see if someone had particularly good or bad luck with crits. Yes, it can be manually calculated but it having it provided would give much better and faster overview :)
hoho

Postby hoho » Mon May 25, 2009 10:46 am

I got bored and made a mockup of how the damage breakdown might look like:
I forgot to add an extra column under crits with percentages so imagine there is another column there :P

Replace X'es with real values of course. Some of the column titles might also need rewording. In that form the total number of columns will increase by one (including the missing # critted). It would be nice though to have the minimum for hit/crit aswell adding three extra columns. Perhaps the totals under hit/crit could be removed, I personally find no use of them but others might disagree :)

Basically what was added was total number of crits+hits under damage done and max hits for both normals and crits. Also dot ticks/crits were put under other spell crits/hits.

If screen space is a problem then perhaps merging total # and total % similarly to summary for misses is possible.
hoho

Postby Miles » Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 am

Image broken :(
Miles
Site Admin

Postby hoho » Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Hm, imageshack doesn't like hotlinking?

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=breakdown.png
hoho

Postby Arindelle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 am

Yes for the maxes, but I would really like to see the pourcentages of crits - I'm always doing the math in my head, but this is very useful in swapping stuff to see quickly the differnce, changing sets, raid buffs, even for certain clases secondary templates etc, make to crit rates.
Arindelle

Postby hoho » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Also total number of hits+crits is quite important, at least for me. On most fights I'd like to know how good is my dot uptime, comparing the count of those ticks is one of the easiest ways to see it. Same with keeping mind blast on coolodwn.
hoho

Postby gcbirzan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:17 am

Therdin wrote:As a Caster being able to see my max Crits and max normal is a very very useful tool. I can figure averages my self but knowing my max capability lets me figure out what I need to work on. Whether it's Crit/SP, you combat logger site is amazing the design is awesome, and really... seeing max values is the only thing I would say is missing.

I'm going to derail this for a moment here to say: "W...hat?"

If you really want to know what you should work on, don't look at a WoL parse and say "I think I need to have a higher crit rate, because I think so!". The fact that the sample size of one fight or even one raid is not large enough to draw any conclusions notwithstanding, how would you decide which of the two in your example you need to work on, based on what your max <insert your favourite spell here> hit was?

You should look into some proper TCing tools, such as rawr or head over to EJ and check their spreadsheets. No amount of max values will ever help you figure out whether you need more SP or crit.

As a sidenote, it will however help you (if you can also jump to the combat log from that max value) figure out how to better stack your cooldowns.

P.S. This is my way of saying this is rather useless, without even more detailed statistics. Maybe the standard derivation, maybe try to clump it in 'chunks' of similar damage done per spell... But that's going a bit to far, I'd say?
gcbirzan

Postby Kara » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:51 am

If there's not enough room in the table to fit them, how about installing it as a mini-table when you mouseover that section, kind of like you do on the main table for a specific encounter. This is similar to what WowMeterOnline does I believe.
Kara

Postby Kenelm » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Kara wrote:If there's not enough room in the table to fit them, how about installing it as a mini-table when you mouseover that section, kind of like you do on the main table for a specific encounter. This is similar to what WowMeterOnline does I believe.

I was just about to say the same thing when I read this post. It'd be great just to mouseover hits/crits and see the min/max for each.
Kenelm

Postby Maihem » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Noted. It's still on the TODO, what with the new readable query features and the like.
Maihem
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions & Feature Requests