Recent changes / bug fixes

Miles
Site Admin

Re: Recent changes / bug fixes

Post by Miles » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Ugh. Refactoring costs way too much time, but oh well, part 1 of the analyze page is live now. It's basically the old damage done etc pages, but with more options to play with. Graphs are still on the todo.

Oh, and advertisers required a change, the leaderboard is now bumped above the fold.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Damage done / taken behavior has changed, it's updated to include absorbed damage. See this post for more information.

Demo: damage done on Twins' shields only, using absorbed>0 expression as filter.

The graphs haven't been updated yet, they are generated a bit too early in the load procedure, not all data has been initialized yet to calculate shields & absorbs. Ugh.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Fixed a bug with healsourceid / healsourceuid with certain shield spells without source (Flash Freeze was the most common).

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Changed the dashboard page a bit, it now includes a sidebar with some random information. It has a little section with the player ranks in the current report and the first draft of the related information & links section, with some external links to wowwiki / wowhead for bosses & creatures.

Wowdb seems to be dead, after I added them it seems like that the bosses for TotC is 404ing; if you have a site I could add there, pm me. When it's ready, we'll start accepting submissions for articles or blogs about bosses and zones and link them from there.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Taking the site down for a moment for an update too large to apply live. The analyze pages are extended with a dynamic graph with expression / source / target filter support, and the tables have a tooltip attached.

Some issues with the dashboard sidebar, duplicate mobs and overflow-y problems have also been fixed.

[edit] Scrap that. Applied the update by mistake without stopping anything. I so need checklists for these kind of things. It seems to work fine after a [F5], gotta bump some version numbers.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 am

Late message. Been a bit busy today building something new.

3.3 Changed the GUID mask for the mob ids, from 0x0000FFFFFF000000L to 0x0000FFFF00000000L. Basically, the number is shifted left for 8 bits; not sure if the range got extended, but 64k ids should be enough for now, we're only on 33k after 5 years.

Mob detection failed earlier today, a else clause made getMobId work for 3.3 logs but not 3.2, but that has been fixed now.

Darkside

Post by Darkside » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 am

Are there any plans to reset the damage rankings for classes that have been hotfixed? Unholy Death Knights, Mutilate Rogues and Affliction Warlocks all had their damage substantially reduced and if the leaderboards are not adjusted to reflect this change, analysis of class DPS and performance will be very difficult to do.

Whitechaos

Post by Whitechaos » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:12 am

Any chance of there being an accurate measure of Disc Priest healing on Twins anytime soon, or is it just not possible?

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 am

After a little Chrismas / New Year break, we're back in business. Site is all set (er, I hope, didn't have much data to test with) for the new wing and we've started working on the email / pm's backlog.

If there's a urgent issue you need help with, mail me at miles at worldoflogs.com with the keyword SR in the subject.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:59 am

Server exploded, will fix before next Tuesday. The smell of the new raiding season is like burning plastic.

(Okay, it wasn't that bad, it's just that managing a 16G heap with GC is a lot trickier than you'd think... Site response time was way higher than I'd like it to be and had a few 30s outages on the Wednesday UTC+1 raid over peak.)