Shield spells

Shield spells

Postby Miles » Mon May 25, 2009 11:40 am

What other spells are there that absorbs stuff? I've got PW:S and Divine Aegis atm, but I bet there's lots more out there.
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Shield spells

Postby hoho » Mon May 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Sacred shield from paladins definitely absorbs damage. I think damage reduced (redirected) by soul link for warlocks also are registered as absorbs.

That blue stam trinket from heroic (essence of something) procs a shield and there are several other trinkets causing similar effects.
hoho

Postby Miles » Mon May 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Yep, added Sacred Shield already. Others will be added when someone post it here, with a spellId / url to wowhead item/spell.
Miles
Site Admin

Postby hoho » Mon May 25, 2009 2:57 pm

hoho

Postby Edriaine » Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Miles wrote:What other spells are there that absorbs stuff? I've got PW:S and Divine Aegis atm, but I bet there's lots more out there.

Off the top of my head:

Savage Defense for feral tanks:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62606

The Fel Blossom item from herbing Felweed in Outland:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28527

The Paladin ability Divine Sacrifice registers as an absorb on fellow raid membersas well, iirc, since it's a "Health Funnel" style effect similar to Soul Link:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64205
Edriaine

Postby Miles » Mon May 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Added. Oh, please note that we left the World of Factcraft and entered the World of Guesscraft.

The numbers are estimates, we cannot determine which shield spell did the work when there's more than one up, but so far the numbers look alright for the Disc priests in our raid :P
Miles
Site Admin

Postby shibumi » Tue May 26, 2009 6:12 am

I really wish Blizzard would lay in the bed that they made with the new combat log system. It has the potential to be so incredibly detailed, yet there are still things that are just flat out not reported or reported inadequately.

Hopefully when they notice this site as it gets more traffic, you'll have some ability to talk to them about these things. You guys seem so much more proactive than the other sites.
shibumi

Postby Edriaine » Wed May 27, 2009 3:28 am

Miles wrote:The numbers are estimates, we cannot determine which shield spell did the work when there's more than one up, but so far the numbers look alright for the Disc priests in our raid :P

You may want to tweak how the estimates for Savage Defense work. Because it goes off about once a second for a typical bear tank, it's essentially guaranteed to be the most recent shield effect on the druid and thus will basically get credit for *every* shield, even though it's weaker than everything but sacred shield. Would it be possile to alter the parsing of the shielded stats so that Savege Defense doesn't take precedence over PW:Shield, at least?

Hmm, actually a priority system might give more usable results in general. Perhaps:

PW:Shield
Divine Sacrifice
Savage Defense
Sacred Shield
Soul Link

with the highest on the list getting the credit. You could fit the item-based stuff in there somewhere too, probably around the Sacred Shield.

Disclaimer: I'm a feral tank, so my view of the priorities is probably skewed towards what I'd find useful in the breakdowns. :)
Edriaine

Postby gcbirzan » Wed May 27, 2009 8:43 pm

I did some testing a while back, you can check the log and explanation here. Long story short, for sacred shield, if you have more than one up, it's anyone's guess (from what I can tell) which one will take effect. But a good indication would be... the shield that gets removed immediately after is the one that did the absorption (unless it's a complete absorb, in which case you're kind of out of luck :-P)
gcbirzan

Postby Arkhandris » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 pm

In our most recent report, our healers were glad to see absorbs now being tracked.

However, one thing noted was that "Divine Aegis" seemed to be attributed to the wrong actors. We had one discipline priest, two holy priests, and one shadow priest.

All three of the healing priests were receiving Divine Aegis credit in the report, but only the discipline should have been.

Reference:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/OD1w ... alingDone/
Kyeri (Discipline)
Treachéry (Holy)
Nozzefiori (Holy)
Arkhandris

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feature Requests