Bug: Feign death

gcbirzan

Bug: Feign death

Post by gcbirzan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:21 pm

The graph shows FDs as player deaths. Same with Spirit of Wassisname for priests, but that's understandable.

Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Bug: Feign death

Post by Maihem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Yup. Feign Death generates an actual Player Death event in the combat log. There's no way to know it was feigned :<

getefix

Post by getefix » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:42 pm

well if that players continues activity before the boss dies without receiving a resurrection spell or using a soulstone then it's clear he faked it?

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah. It's not as simple as (if player died and event.fake = true) tho, it's more like, scan ahead, look for events casted by the player, but watch for rebirths and soulstones. You'll learn not to see "dead" hunters pretty fast, but we can't teach computers to learn things that quickly :P

gcbirzan

Post by gcbirzan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Couldn't you see that he didn't take any killing damage right before? (Overkill stuff) I know, you will miss the times people die while taking exactly the same amount of damage as their HP, but...
Well, it owuld be nice to get a graph of player's health as well, but that would imply parsing the log for all the damage taken until they die, to find out their max HP, and that would help.

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks for the tip - overkill is a very nice way to see if someone really died.

As for "giev more graphs" - we write down every feature request, but as the list is growing at an alarming rate, we have to prioritize. I bet you prefer to have pet damage added to master and hunter fd fixed first.

gcbirzan

Post by gcbirzan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:11 am

I don't care about hunters, I play a healer, I'm more interested in seeing how the HP of tanks varies than hunter crap. :-D

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 am

Heh, I guess so. I'm thinking of adding a page with show me everything about X on 20:15:31.

Graph: Plot remaining health, damage taken per second, healing taken per second.
Graph: Also show raw data points. I want to see that the tank was hit by 15k, 14k and finished off with a 20k Arcane Breath and didn't receive enough heals.
Graph: sum damage/healing taken in selection, calculate dtps/hps in that segment. Oh, this will probably be added to the rest of the graphs too.
Event log: combat log with filtering options; click on graph scrolls to + highlights the event closest to the time on cursor.

I'm a healer as well - sometimes I'm left wondering why the heck my tank died so quickly. The death log feature has already solved some of the problem, but I hate adding the numbers up myself, I prefer a smart graph which shows me the problem immediately.

Azmodan

Post by Azmodan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Recount has a "death log" feature that works well.

might wanna look at it (but i would think everybody uses recount nowadays... )
Remember Tukayyid!