Actors using buffs

Frogmite

Actors using buffs

Post by Frogmite » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:51 pm

One feature I could not seem to find that would be extremely useful is the ability to see who used what buffs over the course of a raid. Now this can be done for each individual but this is time consuming. It would be nice to be able to see how many Wild Magic potions, for example, were used by each person. How many people use their trinket proc. ect.. ect..

Moosifer

Re: Actors using buffs

Post by Moosifer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I completely agree. I would really like to see trinket procs being added as either a 'major event' visible when looking at an individual's DPS/HPS, etc, or as a separate 'Show Procs' option. The number of times trinket's proc and generate a buff are already being tracked in so far as the number of procs. We just need a visible means of determining when they proc'd.

Thanks!

Miles
Site Admin

Post by Miles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 am

If I understand it correctly, there are a few different requests here.

#1: A details page that shows per spell, who used it and how many times. Link to it on spell names instead of the wowhead page.
#2: A list of spells somewhere to get to #1, I guess.
#3: Add procs as a major event and show it on the graph in the actors details page.

Another posted asked if it was possible the effect of the spell for everyone, so you can see who keeps standing in the flame at Razorscale for example. Probably want to know other effects of that spell as well, like heals, regeneration of mana/rage/etc (Revitalize). #1 is an extension of that I guess.

For #3: I'd need a list of procs for that or a big blacklist of things not to show. Need to think about it for a bit; Interesting suggestion tho, I'll see if I can get it added soon.

Moosifer

Post by Moosifer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:00 pm

In terms of a big black list of procs, you sort of already have the list.

Go to any Actor's Buffs, Debuffs and Gains and look under Buffs. The actual procs are already logged by their name under Buffs, just not being displayed anywhere. Some of them are self cast buffs while others are procs, whether it be Berserk from a weapon, Grim Toll from a tinket of the same name, Leader of the Pack, Clearcasting Valor Medal of the First War, etc.

Granted, Wild Growth is also shown, but I can't see a problem showing it all provided there was a manner of filtering out procs, buffs (both self cast and externally cast).

Spasticon

Post by Spasticon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:53 am

I'd love to see the reverse too... those who receive debuffs or take damage. I want to focus on a specific one and see who all received it across all of the fights.

Treyst

Post by Treyst » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:28 am

This feature would be pretty helpful. I'd like to see who is casting a certain spell on what. It would help solve a major problem with our guild's disc priest. Looking through our logs tonight, we're trying figure out if our disc priest is being useful or not.

In Buffs, Debuffs, and Gains from this log for Zannex: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b ... details/5/

It shows him gaining 250 PW: Shields and gaining Borrowed Time 252 times. In debuffs, he gains Weakened Soul 250 times. This suggests that only 2 times he cast PW: Shield on someone other than himself.

Yet, our main tank shows himself gaining PW: Shield 102 times. Found here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b ... etails/19/

We only had two other priests in our raid. I talked to them both, our shadow priest said he may have cast PW: Shield on our tank 6 time tops, and our holy priest told me he didn't shield our tank once.

Is it possible that PW: Shields our disc priest is casting on other players are being added to his own buff/debuff tab? Maybe borrowed time doesn't show up every time he cast shield? I can't figure out the discrepancy in our logs.

edit: you can track the shields somewhat through glyph of pw: shield, but its kind of a roundabout solution, and a rough estimate still.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 am

Hmz, strange. I'll have to take a more in-depth look at the log to be able to say anything even remotely conclusive about this. Maybe Borrowed Time is refreshed instead of applied with two consecutive PW:S casts and is therefore not showing up quite as often as it should... I'll get back to you on this.

Maihem
Site Admin

Post by Maihem » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:14 am

Ah right, we don't currently differentiate between "You apply <aura> to <player>" and "<Player> applies <aura> to you". This is probably causing the confusion. Scheduled for revamp today =D

Treyst

Post by Treyst » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Maihem wrote:Ah right, we don't currently differentiate between "You apply <aura> to <player>" and "<Player> applies <aura> to you". This is probably causing the confusion. Scheduled for revamp today =D
Thank you :)

Xaeq

Post by Xaeq » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 am

Uptime on buffs/debuffs would be really nice too.