Another Opera positioning error

Another Opera positioning error

Postby kayti » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 pm

When viewing a report, the controls for the data table are overlaying the table itself.

This is because of the nested table spellDetailsTable which has a min-width of 670px. For some reason Opera is not applying this min-width to the containing <td>. The quick fix is to add a style="min-width: 690px" to the containing <td>.

However, you seem to have tried to create a fluid layout for some reason, so I can see this method failing as soon as spellDetailsTable grows beyond its minimum. The longterm solution would be to refactor this into floated divs.
kayti

Re: Another Opera positioning error

Postby Maihem » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:00 am

Hm, interesting issue. The width of the table cell should be adjusted as required by its content.

A floated DIV solution doesn't solve the problem though: imagine the table container DIV and the controls container DIV being floated. Now, their cumulative width becomes larger than the width of the main column. Poof! The controls will appear *under* the table.

I'm thinking of a solution using position: relative; margin-right combined with overflow: auto; max-width on the table container div. Then the controls container can be rendered as a child of it using position: absolute. Will have to experiment on that a bit. ;)
Maihem
Site Admin

Re: Another Opera positioning error

Postby Miles » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 am

Or just td width = 800 + td width = 200 :P

(Yes, I hate css when it comes to weird tricks; stuff just won't work properly on all browsers)
Miles
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports