What does the raid DPS line on the graph mean?

Discuss your combat logs here!
Sora

What does the raid DPS line on the graph mean?

Post by Sora » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm asking what does the raid dps line on the graph mean, in comparision to a player's damage? To see what I mean,
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/ ... xample.png

check this link. I know that the line for player damage is indicated by the numbers on Y axis. However, how do I understand what the raid DPS graph do, and in comparison to a player's damage? What does it mean when a player's damage goes higher than the raid DPS line?

Miles
Site Admin

Re: What does the raid DPS line on the graph mean?

Post by Miles » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:13 am

Raid DPS number is on the right Y axis. It's displayed so you can see if the player scales better or worse than the raid average with certain events, like Heroism/Bloodlust.

During that period, the average raid dps increased by about 40%, but the single player line went from 8k to a peak of over 20k, I'm guessing he averaged at 16k. This basically confirms that casters gain a lot from this cooldown, and popping trinkets / even more cooldowns during it is a good idea.

Depending on the fight, you can figure out quite a lot by comparing a player to the average number. If the player dips on the dps but the raid didn't, he got interrupted by spells like Bone Spikes, or had to run, etc etc.

hoho

Re: What does the raid DPS line on the graph mean?

Post by hoho » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 am

[ot]
bloodlust on it's own isn't really all that big DPS boost, it becomes good when you pop other cooldowns during it. Stacking haste with increased damage cooldowns will boost the effectiveness for both (more attacks at higher damage vs more normal attacks+less attacks at increased damage). Arcane mages gain a whole lot of it since they have a whole lot of other cooldowns to use at same time to pull out some rather impressive numbers while others like affliction/demo locks or shadowpriests don't gain nearly as big boosts.