Incredible high dps in 10 man ICC

Discuss your combat logs here!

Incredible high dps in 10 man ICC

Postby dikalup » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:27 am

I've tried to look for an answer to this question, but without luck so hence this post.

I've taken a look at the highest ranked players(especially hunters) in ICC 10 man normal - I looked at a fight like festergut and see a hunter who managed to pull around 22K dps in 10 man, how is that even possible in any way?

If i use femaledwarf.com and simulationcraft, and select all BiS gear heroic 277/284 versions with ALL buffs and target debuffs set to be active plus the current 30% ICC buff, then the highest possible number the spreadsheet calculates is around 19.5-20K dps and that is with an absolute perfect combo of gear, gems, enchants, buffs, flasks, food, pet etc - A setup that isn't possible to obtain in a 10 man group due to limits of players and therefor specs and classes.

So how can these numbers that the highest ranked players have logged be correct?
dikalup

Re: Incredible high dps in 10 man ICC

Postby cremor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 am

Are you sure you looked at the correct rankings? For Festergut 10 man normal mode I see 16,9k DPS as #1 MM Hunter:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... ip_Hunter/
cremor

Postby dikalup » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:43 am

If you look at the graph in this link, you will see the graph going close to 25K and a bit later close 23-24K and towards the end almost 25K again and several other times where it's above 20K.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2l81c4ggp4mfscb8/details/6/?s=7266&e=7427
dikalup

Postby hoho » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 am

DPS is never constant and it varies a lot over time depending on procs and cooldowns. My spriest generally does around 10-22k and ends up at around 12-14k over the fight. Getting small bursts of high damage is something most classes do. Every simulation or spreadsheet will average those bursts out to show what the classes can do on average in real fights.
hoho

Postby hongwei » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:09 pm

im the hunter u are referring to...

if u took the time to armory me, u can see that im not too far off from BiS gear (the only weapon that could be considered far from BiS is my bow.)

u cannot look at a spreadsheet for anything. u are comparing a MM hunter (with readiness to boot) burst with CDs to a spreadsheet that compares a simulated average (which is also known for faulty stat weights.) with the ashen ring, dbw, wfs and t10 procs u could be doing significantly more damage or less. how do u expect people do 30% more damage than their spreadsheet result with their respective classes, even more so on a fight like blood queen?

spreadsheets are good to expect ur dps with different gear setups, but they are in no way an expectation for ur dps. u dont app to a guild with ur theoretical dps (have u heard of anybody linking a screenshot to their spreadsheet instead of a WWS log?)

u also forgot to add one thing. tricks and potting before start. that could certainly put somebody at extremely high dps burst (i myself only saw myself going up to 19K on recount, but the end result in recount and worldoflogs was identical.)

i hope that clears stuff up with u.
hongwei

Return to Combat Log Discussions