Major Events / Boss Specific Log Filters

Discuss your combat logs here!

Re: Major Events / Boss Specific Log Filters

Postby Edriaine » Sun May 31, 2009 11:40 pm

gcbirzan wrote:Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of "person X attacked Hodir while flash freezes were still up"

But you'd get events firing for everyone not assigned to flash freeze breakout duty, and almost certainly it's going to include a few seconds of attacks as even for the most well-trained team takes a few seconds to transition from the boss to flash freezes. This really sounds like something that would be better served as a custom graph you build yourself (when the graphing system is updated to allow graphing custom sets of data defined by the user) rather than being part of the default graphs.

Although...

Hey Miles, when you add in the new major event stuff, any chance you could add an extra, toggleable category option to allow one or more user-specified log browser queries to be added to the graphs, preferably with that option being saved somewhere? That way, individual people could do strategy-specific graphing like this and have it saved from session to session, thereby letting us have our cake and eat it too. :)

For that matter, the same saved custom query category would be handy to have on the log browser query screen too, ideally with the ability to assign a name to a given query so we can build our queries for later re-use.

Edit: For that matter, if you implemented both, you could link them and make the UI for the custom category a lot cleaner. You could simply reference any saved queries from the log browser by name, allowing the user to checkmark which ones they want graphed as major events.
Edriaine

Postby gcbirzan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 am

The biggest problem I have now with the log browser is the fact that it's nigh impossible to get logs for the whole fight, or for the part of the fight you're interested in without major trouble. I was trying tonight to find out who kept attacking the snaplashers on Freya, but ran into the fact that if you look at who hit it, you only get the first set of adds, not the second. Same problem, tonight as well, trying to find out who was slacking on healing plasma blast (though, common sense and experience *sigh* pointed me to the culprits).

This brings me to another problem, the fact that if you put in too many queries... well, too many log entries, the whole thing goes to hell so I couldn't make a query for every healer's heals on the tank + hits taken by the tank. I just get all the entries if I go past a certain threshold or something, didn't really have time to figure it out then, and I'm too drunk to try to now :-D
gcbirzan

Postby Edriaine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 am

gcbirzan wrote:The biggest problem I have now with the log browser is the fact that it's nigh impossible to get logs for the whole fight, or for the part of the fight you're interested in without major trouble. I was trying tonight to find out who kept attacking the snaplashers on Freya, but ran into the fact that if you look at who hit it, you only get the first set of adds, not the second. Same problem, tonight as well, trying to find out who was slacking on healing plasma blast (though, common sense and experience *sigh* pointed me to the culprits).

Until they add in multi-page log queries, there's an easy workaround:
Highlight the appropriate time period you're looking for in the graph and use "Set page to selection", then go to the log browser. That will limit the log to that timeframe and make working with the queries you're trying to use a lot easier.
Edriaine

Postby gcbirzan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Edriaine wrote:
gcbirzan wrote:The biggest problem I have now with the log browser is the fact that it's nigh impossible to get logs for the whole fight, or for the part of the fight you're interested in without major trouble. I was trying tonight to find out who kept attacking the snaplashers on Freya, but ran into the fact that if you look at who hit it, you only get the first set of adds, not the second. Same problem, tonight as well, trying to find out who was slacking on healing plasma blast (though, common sense and experience *sigh* pointed me to the culprits).

Until they add in multi-page log queries, there's an easy workaround:
Highlight the appropriate time period you're looking for in the graph and use "Set page to selection", then go to the log browser. That will limit the log to that timeframe and make working with the queries you're trying to use a lot easier.

That is true, but that still doesn't make it easier to find some moments of the fight. I know, I'm lazy. But then again, that's why I use computors :-P
gcbirzan

Postby Darkside » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 pm

This has been echoed by many others, but phase changes notifications for every fight would be the biggest thing I would like to added to the graph.
Darkside

Postby Pythagoreant » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm

I agree with seeing personal cooldowns, such as Blood Fury, Shadowfiend, Innervate (and on whom), Elemental Mastery, etc.

Maybe also a separate filter for when things like Eclipse, t8 4pc, etc. proc?

And phase changes on bosses, not sure how you'd do this, though.
Pythagoreant

Postby Ayanidanid » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm

On yogg, one of the biggest factors in progressing to killing him, is minimizing the time-to-stun of the portal groups: That is, making sure your portal group shatters the illusion very quickly. On way to track that progress is with the following:

[{"eventTypes": [4], "actorNames": ["Sara"], "spellIds": [64173]}]

Which will yield the following on a typical run.

[18:24:48.001] Sara gains Shattered Illusion from Brain of Yogg-Saron
[18:25:23.661] Sara's Shattered Illusion fades
[18:26:17.474] Sara gains Shattered Illusion from Brain of Yogg-Saron
[18:26:55.261] Sara's Shattered Illusion fades
[18:27:44.273] Sara gains Shattered Illusion from Brain of Yogg-Saron
[18:28:17.878] Sara's Shattered Illusion fades

The difference in adjacent time stamps yields the total time the brain was accessible, and 1 min minus that time indicates how quickly your group got access to the brain. Times under 22 seconds are "good enough". Times over 22 sec will sometimes results in extra sets of crushers/corruptors spawning upstairs and will eventually likely lead to a wipe.
Ayanidanid

Postby Taym » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 pm

General Vezax, Mark of the Faceless info:
[{"spellIds": [63278]}, {"spellIds": [63276]}]

This will show when someone gains or loses the debuff as well as everyone that was hurt by it and how much Vezax healed for.

General Vezax, Saronite barrier gains/losses:
[{"spellIds": [63364]}]

This will show when the Saronite Animus spawns or dies during hard mode kills.

General Vezax, Saronite Vapor gains:
[{"spellIds": [63322]}]
Taym

Postby Docness » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Trial of the Crusader:

Icehowl:
Trample hitting someone after the stare (this is for 25 only, I haven't seen it in 10, it may be the same spell?): {"eventTypes": [1], "spellIds": [66734]}

Fun note: a pally bubble on his target prevents his charge and he stuns in the middle. =)

Lord Jaraxxus:
On healing done it would be nice to see Incinerate Flesh: {"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [67049, 66237, 67050, 67051]}
Docness

Postby flanbunny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Would there be any way to track sanity on Yogg-Saronn?

I know you can track the damage in P3, but I'm wondering if there's any way to get even an approximation of how much sanity players lost in P1 + P2.
flanbunny

PreviousNext

Return to Combat Log Discussions