Major Events / Boss Specific Log Filters

Discuss your combat logs here!

Major Events / Boss Specific Log Filters

Postby Miles » Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 am

Quite a few users have asked for more major events on graphs - so here's the chance to get the things you want to see included in the next update.

We'll implement the major events marking with the log filters available in the log browser; try to play around with the settings and see if you can capture the events you can see in a log query. The query should return less than 100 rows (too many lines is not good); Try to use spellId's instead of names, as those are language independent. Oh, most spells change id from 10 to 25, so be sure to include both version or note which version it is, we'll add the other.

Boss specific queries are less strict: if you've a query you want to share with others, post it and we'll add it to the list; it doesn't matter if it's a bit spammy, but keep in mind that a query can only return up to 500 lines at a time (next page button coming in v1.1 :P)

If you can't make a query do what you want it to do - describe what you would like to see and which parameters and options are missing.
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Major Events / Boss Specific Log Filters

Postby hoho » Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Is it possible to see who get silenced on Ignis/Auriaya and possibly other bosses? I can't quite remember if it's possible to see if player got interrupted or cancelled spellcasts himself so I don't know if it's even possible
hoho

Postby Maihem » Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Open the log browser and run a query for Spell Interrupts =)

If it's a specific ability that interrupts stuff, just visit the boss's details page and click the ability.
Maihem
Site Admin

Postby Edriaine » Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 am

Extra Major Events to consider:

On the Damage Done graph:

Threatwipes - [{"eventTypes": [6], "spellIds": [66, 1856, 1857, 26889, 29858, 1038]}]
(Should be Invisibility, all three ranks of vanish, soulshatter, and hand of salvation)

On the Damage Taken graph:

Taunts - [{"eventTypes": [6], "spellIds": [355, 6795, 56222, 31789, 62124, 694, 49576, 5209, 1161]}]
(Should be Taunt, Growl, Dark Command, Hand of Reckoning, Righteous Defense, Dark Grip, Mocking Blow, Challenging Shout, Challenging Roar)

Immunity effects - [{"eventTypes": [6], "spellIds": [1022, 5599, 10278, 642, 19752, 45438]}]
(Should be Hand of Protection [3 ranks], Divine Shield, Divine Intervention, Ice Block)

Single-Person Damage-reduction cds (no time block on the raid-wide graph, just the initial event, but a timeblock on personal graphs would be ideal when those get spruced-up):
Off the top of my head - Shield Wall, Barkskin, Divine Protection, Guardian Spirit, Pain Supression, Hand of Sacrifice, Ice-Bound Fortitude, though I'm sure there are many more to consider, so I'm not going to rattle them off into a query just et.

Raid-wide Damage-reduction cds (heroism-style timeblock on the raid graphs would be great):
[{"spellIds": [64205]}] (Divine Sacrifice)

Overall, it might be better to split the "major events" button up a bit into multiple other buttons, depending on how many of these you choose to implement. :)

**Note that my listed spellnames are probably not in the same order as the spell ids
Edriaine

Postby Edriaine » Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 am

Boss-specific major events to consider graphing:

Flame Leviathan:
Systems Shutdown (Both Damage Done and Damage Taken graphs w/ time blocks): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellNames": ["Systems Shutdown"]}]

Razorscale:
Phase 1->2 transition (on all graphs)
grounded portions of phase 1 w/time blocks (on all graphs?)
(not sure how to track these, not sure if it's possible with the combat log)

Ignis:
Slag Pots (optionally with timeblock, on damage done and taken graphs): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [62717, 63477]}]

Deconstructor:
Tympanic Tantrums (on damage taken and healing graphs): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [62775, 62776]}]
Exposed Heart phases (on all graphs w/timeblock): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [63849]}]

Iron Council:
I think the events I'd be looking for can all be handled by the existing boss/player death events.

Kologarn:
The major events I can think of (arms deaths and subsequent add spawns/deaths) should be covered by the existing creature death filter.

Auriaya:
Terrifying Screech casts (on all graphs): [{"eventTypes": [6], "spellIds": [64386]}]
Feral Defender death/rebirth (on all graphs, can be tracked by watching the Feral Essence aura): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [64455]}]

Hodir:
Flash Freeze casts (on all graphs): [{"spellIds": [61968]}]
Flash Freeze victims (on all graphs, initial gain event only, but only for PCs, of which the latter two don't appear to be an option in the log browser atm): [{"spellIds": [62478, 63512]}]
Frozen Blows (on damage taken and healing graphs): [{"spellIds": [62478, 63512]}]

Thorim:
Phase transitions? (not sure if these are trackable in the log)

Freya:
Phase transition (on all graphs, watch for the Attuned to Nature aura to fade): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [62519]}]
Start of each add wave (not sure how to track these, but would be nice)

Mimiron:
Phase Transitions (not sure how to track them in logs, but can probably be identified in the same fashion the mimiron kill is, just applied to the different body parts)
Spinning Up (all graphs): [{"spellIds": [63414]}]

Vezax:
Surge of Darkness (on damage taken/healing charts, w/timeblock): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [62662]}]
Saronite Animus spawn and/or lifetime (not sure how to track this)

Yogg-Saron:
Phase Transitions (Not sure how to track these, but they'd be really nice)
Guardian of Yogg-Saron summons (all graphs): [{"spellIds": [62979]}]
Shattered Illusion (all graphs w/timeblock): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [62662]}]
Someone getting MC'd from losing all their sanity (all graphs): [{"eventTypes": [4], "spellIds": [63120]}]
Edriaine

Postby Miles » Sat May 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks for the info! Once the display code is done, we'll have lots of fun digging through logs for interesting things to watch.
Miles
Site Admin

Postby gcbirzan » Sat May 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Spell IDs 62488 and 63850 are cast by Ignis when activating constructs. 62383 is shatter, in 10 man. FIXME: 25 man.

On XT, hard mode is activated by killing the heart. Heart of the Deconstructor is the name of the heart.

On Iron Council, the order of boss death determines the 'hard mode'. Killing Steelbreaker last is the actual hard mode, Stormcaller Brundir last is the easy mode. Never tried it with Runemaster Molgeim last. :-)

Kolorgan makes me sick. Look for any events where a player gets 64702 or 64708 right after the right arm dies and mail blizzard saying "fix this shit already" whenever you find it. Might get banned for spamming, as it happens on every other attempt. All joke aside, those are the events for people not being freed from the grip. The debuff is 64290 on 10 man. FIXME: 25 man.

Hodir: 3 minute kill, hard mode. Look also for flash freeze victims that don't get freed? Not sure how that could be implemented in a query, though.

Thorim: Buff 62276 fading is the phase transition on 10 man. If Sif casts anything but 62507 on 10 man and 62565 on 25, it's hard mode.

Food time now. :-P
gcbirzan

Postby Edriaine » Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 pm

gcbirzan wrote:Hodir: 3 minute kill, hard mode. Look also for flash freeze victims that don't get freed? Not sure how that could be implemented in a query, though.

I've got a query that tracks the flash freeze aura on people already in my previous post. If you're looking for "it took too long to free someone", putting the duration of flash freeze on people in on their personal graphs ala heroism would make a lot of sense. I'm not sure putting the duration on the raid graphs would be useful, though, since it would be difficult to seperate out an individual person's flash freeze duration when multiple people get hit at the same time and freed at different times.
Edriaine

Postby Edriaine » Sun May 31, 2009 5:05 pm

Something else to consider adding as "Major Events" would be significant personal cds or abilities on the single-person graphs. As an example, knowing the time periods where a feral druid used Berserk is quite useful when examining their Damage Done graph, but that information isn't particularly useful on the raid-wide graph. Coming up with a list of stuff to track for that would be fairly easy, if a bit time-consuming, and should be fairly light on the processing power since I imagine any given spec/class combo would only have a half dozen or so abilities at most worth tracking on the graph.

Using my feral druid example, you'd wind up wanting to track Berserk (duration), Tiger's Fury (cast only), Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Enraged Regeneration, with two going to the damage done graph and three to the damage taken + healing graphs.
Edriaine

Postby gcbirzan » Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Edriaine wrote:
gcbirzan wrote:Hodir: 3 minute kill, hard mode. Look also for flash freeze victims that don't get freed? Not sure how that could be implemented in a query, though.

I've got a query that tracks the flash freeze aura on people already in my previous post. If you're looking for "it took too long to free someone", putting the duration of flash freeze on people in on their personal graphs ala heroism would make a lot of sense. I'm not sure putting the duration on the raid graphs would be useful, though, since it would be difficult to seperate out an individual person's flash freeze duration when multiple people get hit at the same time and freed at different times.

Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of "person X attacked Hodir while flash freezes were still up"
gcbirzan

Next

Return to Combat Log Discussions