Only one Frozen Blow on Hodir encounter?

Discuss your combat logs here!

Only one Frozen Blow on Hodir encounter?

Postby Nalumis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 pm

I took a look at our last attempt on Hodir-10, because I wanted to see how many magical and how many physical damage he did on me as tank.

This is the report. Choose Player -> Paladin -> Cilja and look at Damage by spell. Under "Damage taken" I can see only one single frozen blow. Can that be true? If he would hit that rarely with his frozen blows, why do guides suggest wearing frost resistance gear? There is also no dodge/parry/miss counted for frozen blow.

So I took a look at another report for Hodir-10. The tank took 4 frozen blows here that summed up to 45% of the total incoming damage. Another report displays 5 frozen blows.

Apart from that, can it be true that the tank only took 131866 damage over the whole encounter? On a 206 second fight, that is 640 dps on the tank. Lol? You do not have to heal the tank for a full minute with that low incoming damage, but I know for sure that I would die if I got no healing for 10 seconds. Weird. Any ideas?
Nalumis

Re: Only one Frozen Blow on Hodir encounter?

Postby Miles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Guides aren't always correct :P

Yeah, frost resistance for the tank is overrated, we never used it in Ulduar 10. For U25, we used 1-2 pieces for the first few tries, but as your gear gets better than Naxx-level it isn't needed anymore.
Miles
Site Admin

Re: Only one Frozen Blow on Hodir encounter?

Postby hoho » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:50 pm

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4 ... 069&e=8275

Paste in query: [{"eventTypes": [1, 2, 3], "targetNames": ["Cilja"], "sourceNames": ["Hodir"]}]

Yeah, your paladin is avoiding majority of the hits and blocks+absorbs take off a huge chunk of other damage. Often shields alone are enough to absorb whole hits.
hoho

Return to Combat Log Discussions