WOL bug (might be)

dankrupt

WOL bug (might be)

Post by dankrupt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 am

Hi everyone,

I run world of logs everytime I go into a raid and many times it does not log anything into the combatlog. What I have to do is:
everytime I enter a new instance or switch from heroic to normal and vice versa, go into my wow folder and delete the combatlog.txt then create a new combatlog.txt and then it will work and the combat will be logged in there.

However, it gets tedious and I sometimes forget to do it for example if we switch from normal to heroic and kill a boss then realize I didn't delete and create a new one (a bit frustrating knowing I would've ranked very high etc)

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-matt

cremor

Re: WOL bug (might be)

Post by cremor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 am

First of all: Combat logging is done by the WoW client. WoL has nothing to do with it other than reading the file that was written by WoW. So you might better ask this in the Blizzard support forums.

But you could try the steps described here after you have deleted the combat log file manually: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1159
Maybe the WoW client just writes it to a different folder.

dankrupt

Post by dankrupt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

cremor wrote:First of all: Combat logging is done by the WoW client. WoL has nothing to do with it other than reading the file that was written by WoW. So you might better ask this in the Blizzard support forums.

But you could try the steps described here after you have deleted the combat log file manually: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1159
Maybe the WoW client just writes it to a different folder.
Na, i'm sure the logs go to the same spot every time which is C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Logs

ANyone else have any suggestions?

Zumzum

Post by Zumzum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 am

I have the same problem only when my log reaches 4Go.

cremor

Post by cremor » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:01 pm

dankrupt wrote:Na, i'm sure the logs go to the same spot every time which is C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Logs
Have you checked that by following the steps in the linked thread? Maybe your WoW client doesn't have create file permissions in the default folder and therefore creates the log file elsewhere. This might be the case for you since you have installed WoW in the program files directory which is protected by UAC.
Zumzum wrote:I have the same problem only when my log reaches 4Go.
Most likely you use FAT32 as the file system on the drive where the combat log is saved. FAT32 can't handle files bigger than 4 GB.
Why do you let the file grow that big? Just use the "Split & Archive" function of the WoL client after each upload. That way you will start with a fresh file after each upload.

Zumzum

Post by Zumzum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 pm

No I'm in NTFS I have much bigger files on my DD, might be a limitation from WoW ? I know about the "Split & Archive" but I always click the other button in a hurry :(

fisahibub

Post by fisahibub » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:04 am

World bug forum is designed for the technicians of the world. The rate of the forum of the bug and bookkeeping assignment help writing is advanced for the future offers. The medium range of the commodity is improved for the exact use of the forum of the bug for the citizens.

Jarigalv

Post by Jarigalv » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 am

Thank you recently joined this forum. Everything is simple and clear.