Next WoL version?

mirah

Next WoL version?

Post by mirah » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:29 pm

I seem to recall talk a while back about there being an upcoming version of WoL that would have a log of adjustments and maybe some new features. Is that still in the works? Are you looking for any additional contributers/moderators? I'd love to see updates to the expression editor in particular.

ArcaneMagus

Re: Next WoL version?

Post by ArcaneMagus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 am

As far as I know they are still working on it, although I'm curious as to what updates you were looking for in the expression editor? There are only two (Maybe 2.5?) things planned for it that I know of, one should just need some finishing touches while the other will take quite a bit of work before implementation (Query Triggers).

mirah

Post by mirah » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 am

I thought I'd seen mention of being able to save queries, but it's possible I made that up. I also thought they'd said the log browser was going to be phased out and the expression editor was meant to replace it, so I assumed that might involve some tweaks & polishing. Anyway, glad to know it's still being worked on.

ArcaneMagus

Post by ArcaneMagus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that :shock: Yea that's been a much requested feature throughout both of these tools life times, I'll have to remember to bring that up next time we are talking about it...

As for phasing out the log browser the thing that just needs some "finishing touches" is a GUI query builder for the Expression Editor, one of the main barriers for adoption that is preventing most people from using it ;) After that (or at the same time hopefully) an importer for the old Log Browser queries will be implemented, and at that point the Log Browser should be able to be phased out ;)

man4pak04

Post by man4pak04 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:02 am

It's especially annoying when you want to upload a large log file (eg if you let it run for a raid week without uploading), because the Open File refuses to read a log file longer than a week without splitting, so you split it and then end up with a bunch of zip files that you have to manually unzip before you can upload them. Alot of extra disk churn and user frustration for no reason. Plus from a user interface design perspective, it's kind of ridiculous for a program to output a file format for "archiving" that it then refuses to read it back in.

Yucca195

Post by Yucca195 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:02 am

FIFA is a football game developed by EA.
The cheap Cheap FIFA 19 Coins is only in mmoah. No website is cheaper than us. I am sure that our quality and price are the best. We will give you the best trading process , We will give you the most enjoyable gaming experience!
Our staff supports 24/7 service. For questions about FUT 19 Coins for sale, please feel free to contact us! Do you want to know where to buy the cheapest and most cost-effective FIFA 19 Coins? At MMOAH ,I believe that you will be satisfied and will buy it often!

Trolston

Post by Trolston » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:28 pm

So many amazing games to play these days but among all of them, I like https://duckdice.io the most. Not just because you can earn why playing, mostly because the gaming process is simple enough so you really can relax. And at the same time you are involved enough not to get bored.